The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i haven't had a British Car in years since I sold my Morgan. In the Morgan i could touch the ground while riding, remove the front windshield with two bolts and ride around without a windshield, and ofcourse always get wet through my sidecurtains. I could also start the engine by going to the front of the car and turning a handle or knock off the wheels with a hammer. Yes the hammer always meant that flats could be fun.
Now i just bought a Lotus and am expecting to finnally get back into the zone. All my Japanese, American, and German experiences can go back to the garage. All I can say is hail Britania and I love the queen.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wait, the topic says it's "Not like your Morgan"
but you said "Now i just bought a Lotus and am expecting to finnally get back into the zone"? :shrug: I'm confused...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your'e right it's not like your Morgan - if you crash your Elise you're not going to get a giant splinter up the ass!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lotus and morgans

Hey, just meant that Im really excited to own the Lotus. Also that ive read alot of blogs that talk about how raw the ride is and whether your can drive it during the winter. etc. I guess that its all in perspective and that riding in cars that were based on 1937 wooden frames like Morgans make the Lotus ride and ability to handle inclement weather not so bad. However, im just a novice now as I just paid for it and get to pick it up next week. I am very excited. Also, its a bit unfair as i'm not planning on using it as daily driver.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Haha, Morgan's are made of wood. I get it. :D
So a Morgan on fire is really really bad then? Remind me not to take a lighter or my usual flare gun then.

·
Registered
155 Posts
you might want to take a few days off work when you pick it up...

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
You are right that the Elise is nothing like your old Morgan, but be relieved to know that the Elise still has its share of "British" quirks. Thinking back to old Morgans the new Lotus cars are like spaceships in comparison, but a classic Morgan is still a great piece of history and an appreciating asset that I would be happy to own today.

Welcome to the Lotus fold! :wave:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Welcome to the Lotus club. Back in the 70's when I had my Elans, a friend had a +8 and it was a totally different driving experience. Thinking about it that Buick/Rover V8 had the same 190 bhp as the NA Elise.
Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
443 Posts
So how would you describe a Morgan, or how does it compare with an Elise?

When I was looking for a car two years ago, I toyed with the idea of a Morgan. However, it was too expensive and the nearest dealer was hundreds of miles away. I heard that the handling is surprisingly good.

Is the only model available new in the United States the Aero 8? Didn't the manufacturer insist that all new Morgans shipped to the United States have automatic transmission?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Pymander, welcome!

I am also a former Morgan owner...1953 +4 / 4 passenger and a 1971+8.

You'll enjoy the Elise. It will deliver everything your Morgan did and more. Though, the high doors of the Elise make it hard to drop your arm and file your nails on the pavement at speed...a small concession for roll-up windows.

Enjoy.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
well done on the new toy , this is going to be a very long week for you :crazyeyes:crazyeyes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts