The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was looking for tires for my Esprit. I had my S4 wheels widened to 11" in the rear and I was looking for a 315/35/17. There aren't alot of choices in this size these days. Most of the choices are DOT race tires. One of the tires I came across was the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. I googled for reviews and to my amazement, I read alot of fantastic reviews on these tires. Apparently, it is a Swedish company. Who knew? :huh:

One thing I thought was pretty cool and "lotus related" is that Guigaro designed the tread pattern. Pretty cool to have a car (originally) designed by Guigaro and also to have tires designed by the same firm.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Cool. How much are the tires?

Do you have pics of your widened wheels? How did they do it?

1998 Lotus Esprit V8

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels will be here next week. I sent them to eric vaughn machine for the widening. He was highly recommended and his wheels have been clocked at over 300mph at the bonneville salt flats! I felt pretty confident that he know what he's doing. I believe he cuts the wheel in half and then machine welds a new back half onto your wheel. Some places will section your wheel and add a strip of material in the middle to widen it. Eric's process is more expensive and more precise. I'll post pics when I get them back.

The tires were similar in price to kumho ecsta xs and also nitto nt05s in price. The only downside I read from reviews is that they get noisy when the tread gets low.

·
Registered
293 Posts
These are fairly soft tyres, my rears are getting close to needing replacing after nearly 7500 miles (with not particularly hard driving).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts