The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from Atlanta in the wee hours of Sunday morning. 1850 more miles on my Mercedes and it's 700 miles past due on its service now!

While I was there, I dropped in at Lotus of Atlanta on Wednesday around lunch time. It was raining hard.

Chris had three Elises sitting there on the showroom. He had one of my exact specifications sitting there - SB, touring pack, hardtop, Starshield. Someone was sitting in it. Chris looked up my build date and told me that I was scheduled for sometime in December which means no car until the end of January at least for me :( but it works out better financially! :clap: :clap: :clap:

My girlfriend was with me. She stared at the sticker for a few minutes and started getting nervous about money. Ironically, she had no problems poking at the brand new Lamborghinis that I was telling her to stay away from.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rob,

I bought the Magnetic Blue one on Saturday November 27, 2004 from Chris. Did you get a chance to sit in the blue one, now my car? I called Chris Wednesday and to my surprise he said he had three. So I figured I should get the test drive over and see what all the hype was about the car. So I hot footed over to "hotlanta" with a check book in hand, just in case I went in sane. Well I did get crazy and took one home. Excellent experience and great deal.

I drove the Elise back to Charlotte and left my Z06 at the dealership. Drove the Elise back to Atlanta on Sunday with my buddy. Chris opened up the gates and the dealership. Me and my buddy took turns driving the Elise and the Z06 home. At the end had over 800 miles on it. One more trip back to Atlanta for service at about 1100 miles. I need to get that over with.

One of the salesman said when people see you in the car, they will think you are a rock star. He was correct. People swarm around the car. Stopped at a rest area to whiz and came out and people were taking pictures of it. Stopped for gas and a lady came over to shake my hand and see the car. One of my neighbors said to another neighbor that my Lotus is very rare sports car and cost $400,000. If that was the case I really live in a cheap housed compared to the car.

Those Lambos are awesome. The cheap ones cost 4 times the price of the Elise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts