The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out the door with taxes, a center cap for the RS110s and four lugs to replace the crappy wheel locks, my total was $380. $330 of that being the service. My advisor also recommended I do their service every 2k as a precaution! I had 4 max revs above 8600 and a few minutes above 7k. When I asked him if this was ok, he told me about the second car they delivered where the guy brought the car in with the CEL lit and needing service. When they did the dump they found he had spent 32 minutes above 7500! He only drives the car on the track and the to and from was his break in time. Lotus of course said this was within their range and everything was fine. So for those of you worried, break in the car however you want.:clap:

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Good news on the break-in requirements. :clap:

Are you getting RS110's for your Elise as well?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, probably. I just really want them to build 1/2 wider wheels front and back. The powers that be are concerned that no one would want them because they weren't to the specs that the great infallible Lotus designed. The funny thing is though, the Lotus engineers originally wanted 7s up front and 8s in the rear. We're using my car to do the measurements and Shep needs to send a center cap to Japan for the final fitment and to fabricate the RAC cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts