The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to assemble some statistics on the Elise owners? I don't care about how much money we all make; irrelevant. I'm interested in the nitty gritty. Age ranges and the likes. For example, how many females have been the purchasers? With a couple of exceptions, it seems as though most of the owners are male. What's the most common age bracket of an owner? Perhaps it's stupid, but I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I think the one thing that has struck me for a while now.... is the range of people we have, in almost anyway you want to measure them.

My age: 46.
Interests are playing volleyball, coaching soccer, racing cars, music, internet communities, home theater and movies. I also collect DVDs and used Hoosier tires.

In my spare time, I invent or design stuff.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Hmmm.

Age 31.

Female.

Occupation, Media

Interests, Automobiles, SCCA solo II, Mountain bikes, snowboards,motocross,culinary, art and antiques, animal rescue.

In my spare time I try and partake of the things I listed above.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Why do I keep hearing the dating game music in my head:D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
heidi528 said:
With a couple of exceptions, it seems as though most of the owners are male.
The majority may be men, but the women belong to the ultra-cool bracket in my book! :clap:

Oh:

Profession: Legal Adminstrator
Hobbies/Interest: Sport cars, Sport Motorcycles, Extreme Choir.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
38, male, editorial director of a number of tech enthusiast magazines... interests include cars, magazine craft (both writing and designing), cooking (primarily Italian), reading (magazines, naturally), watching TV, keeping up with politics, policy, media criticism

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I'm female, 25, and working towards my PhD in geology.

For fun I disassemble my fiat(s) (and occasionally succesfully reassemble them), performance driving, climb volcanoes, long bicycle rides, building things, playing piano, and chillin' with friends.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Duh. I mentioned nothing about myself!

Female, age 45. (Ouch; tough for a female to admit!)

HAPPILY married with 4 kids.

Realtor / Broker; own my own company.

Spare time? What's that? I have a zoo of my own, so I'm with OneFastLotus. Dogs, cats, rats, ferrets, rabbits, Cockatoos and little birds too, Python, and so on. My Cockatoo, Pompadour, has had a couple of rides in the Lotus so far. Now that really gets me some strange looks! Big white bird on shoulder of driver, or perched on his car seat. I cook, read, write, play on the pc, shop, and buy expensive cars on impulses. Lately I've taken up driving for no reason at all, going no place in particular. Hmmm...

And thanks Allan!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I have a blue fronted Conure, 3 dogs, 7 cats and they're ALL indoor animals and all rescues. We have a good sized home and its just the two of us here with the menagerie....so its not as bad as it sounds. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Future owner...

33, male (obviously)

Interests: travel, good food, cooking good food, good wine, drinking good wine, reading, foreign and indy films, long bicycle rides, long car rides, crashing cars in Spain.

I live with a girl (sorry) and three cats in a generic sterile townhome in the shiny happy suburbs of Northern Virginia.

Elise experience: never drove one. I don't trust myself to drive one on the left :) I've logged several hundred miles as a passenger in S1, Exige, and S2 variants, though.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
atyclb said:
i'm a 44 year old rock star
On my way home from Atlanta the first time I just had one CD with me....my favorite song on it is ELEVATION. I swear I must have listened to that song back to back to back 1000 times.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
On my way home from Atlanta the first time I just had one CD with me....my favorite song on it is ELEVATION. I swear I must have listened to that song back to back to back 1000 times.
WOO--Hoo!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
atyclb said:
WOO--Hoo!
What would Jim Morison say:eek:

Dieing young has its benefits :(

Need to learn to play nice with others:p

Q

·
0 Posts
34 - Male
Married - 1 kid
German Shepherd - 2 cats
Business Owner
Interests: Porsche, Lotus, Cars, Cooking, Shotgun Sports, Fishing

Cars:
'05 Hummer H2
'04 BMW 545i
'75 Porsche 914-6GT conversion
Lotus Elise (3 weeks and counting!)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dude, 25, Mechanical Engineer for a major Defense Contractor. Single as a dollar bill. A ME degree from Auburn University and 2 years with a great company... Yet recently I have realized I don't really want to be an engineer :( . My passion is music, so hopefully one day I'll be working in that industry one way or another. In my spare time, I listen to music, play guitar, write music that no one ever hears but myself, and go to concerts LOL. Cars: 2003 MR2 Spyder and 1998 Pathfinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
future owner....

female - 33
single
Work in retail (no, not at a mall, but in an actual office) :)

education: BBA & MBA

Have 4 cats & 1 dog (right now taking care of mom and dad's pets over the holidays)

Interests - reading (lots of magazines), cooking, travel, making jewelry, watching movies (woohoo Netflix), hanging out with friends and shopping

edit: currently have 2002 MR2 (30 miles till out of warranty :( )

·
Registered
645 Posts
male
I like sports cars, driving them, eating good food, and being outside.

·
Registered
94 Posts
owner stats

ok, 46 divorced, male, 2 kids, one in college one in highschool. racing and collecting ford mustangs, kc chiefs football. and traveling to warm climates, usually with a beach. when i grow up i think i wanna be a harley rider. work in the printing business . new to lotus, gotta get 1000 miles on the car. scott

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
34 Male
Systems Controller (Oh, big title) for Ins Company.
Married, no kids, 2 kittens
Finishing BSME (2nd degree).
Interest - Formula 1, karting, aerodynamics, video games, programming, Elise!!!

Cars - (in various states of restoration) 1953 Jaguar XK120 (Aluminum body), 1963 Austin Healey MKIII 3000, 1974 Fiat X1/9.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts