The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, are all Lotus Elises and Exiges manual transmission? there is no option of automatic transmission?

just wondering...

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
If Lotus did have an option for an auto tranny is the Elise/Exige, I honestly wonder how many they would sell.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
If Lotus did have an option for an auto tranny is the Elise/Exige, I honestly wonder how many they would sell.
If they offered it as an option, would that fact have prevented you buying a manual car?

xtn

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
As an aside, Lotus will offer the Evora with an automatic.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Personally I don't see anything wrong with a manufacturer offering an optional automatic in a car. There is a guy that I've seen run at TWS who has lost the use of his legs, but still races a BMW M3 with an SMG transmission. Are you saying that he shouldn't be able to drive a sports car?

As long as it's not the only transmission, who cares?

AND, I'll even go so far as to say that there will be a time when those 'automatic' manual transmissions are so good that they will be better than a regular stick. Look down... Do you see three shoes or two?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Personally I don't see anything wrong with a manufacturer offering an optional automatic in a car. There is a guy that I've seen run at TWS who has lost the use of his legs, but still races a BMW M3 with an SMG transmission. Are you saying that he shouldn't be able to drive a sports car?

As long as it's not the only transmission, who cares?

AND, I'll even go so far as to say that there will be a time when those 'automatic' manual transmissions are so good that they will be better than a regular stick. Look down... Do you see three shoes or two?

the topic of the thread is AT.

the SMG is not an automatic transmission.

·
Registered
261 Posts
roboticized manual, or clutchless manual, or whatever you like to call them, those (SMG DSG etc etc) are not automatic transmission.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Uh, wrong store :rolleyes:

Turn around, walk out, cross the street, see the Porsche or Chevy store, go ask there.

Or come back in 2 years' time when the Evora gets here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts