The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it is a really great car. They have really improved the fed version from the 111s.

Exhaust- Great sound. I probably won't change it. The sound on the over run is intoxicating. Salesman went with me to ensure that 4500 revs were not exceeded. Car had 19 miles on it when I took it out.

Gearshift- The feel is pretty good, the throw distance is ok and when you put it in reverse, the whole shifter housing does move a lot towards you b/c of the effort required. I'd like to support the housing w/ shims or something to take the play out of it. Overall I was happy w/ the shifter.

Pedals- The brake pedal (as many have said before) does travel too far making heel and toe nearly impossible and clumsy at best- I'd really like to find a cure for that immediately after I get mine (maybe stainless lines?) Accelerator travel was really long to me too- it just kept going and going. They have definitely given the pedals more room vs. the 111S- I did'nt have to take my size 11M shoes off to drive it.

Fit and finish- Excellent. It exceeded my expectations. Everything is buttoned up nicely and the doors shut w/ a Lexus/Honda quality *thunk*.:)

Star shield- I found the application to be excellent. It was free from bubbles and I inspected it in depth over every square inch. Would like to see more protection up to the radiator outlets.

Can't wait for the engine to be broken in for another drive.

What a great car we're getting!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3- I have a bunch more pics if you all want to see them, but I have to go now. What a great car!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
jd- thanks for pix. please post more when you've time. any word on status of their wait list?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lotuslust- pls clarify per status- the list is at 65 +/- currently.

More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Chris.

A couple more things:

The wheels seem to be that same "shadow chrome" style that the 111S had which is great. I had heard that the finish on our wheels would be a "normal" finish due to the difficulty of getting a uniform finish on the shadow chrome style.

Second- the switches for the windows have gotten some bad press as being cheap and crappy. I thought they were fine. They're nothing special, but they work fine.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI JD,
Your'e right about the wheels, I like them as well.

The power window controls are integrated well and utilitarian, perfect for me.

Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Great Pictures. IMHO Saffron has a much nicer tone than the original Lightning Yellow that was supposedly the original color choice.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
great pix indeed

here is the question in more direct words. are they getting off-list cars? i am concerned that fox told me the blue car they had was bought from matheny. if i am on the wait list at a specific number will i get the car in that allocation psoition , or are they getting "off-list" cars meaning my list number may be somewhat ficticious? is every car they get representative of a place on the wait list? if not there is no telling what holding a number in line means. do they have any info on allocation? i was told i would get a call in july to spec out a car. it has not happened. does that mean they are padding the list or just being responsible in taking orders at a time more appropriate to anticipated delivery? asking these questins got no answers. maybe you have some special juju that allowed you to phrase questions in a manner that resulted in answers :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
JD, Awesome pictures! Thanks! I am so glad my wife didn't see a Saffron car in the flesh or else I would be having a very hard time trying to convince her that yellow is not really for me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts