The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from HRM and test drove the elise....Just some background on me...i just learned to drive stick-shift about a yr ago and do not consider myself a great driver. I thought the elise was GREAT. i currently have one on order and cant wait to get it now. The test drive was even better than i thought...what a rush. I saw 4 at the dealership (all sold except the demo was for sale) and some had the Starshield...i saw a car that was dirty with the starshield on it and it looked terrible..there was a dirt-line outlining the plastic pieces....i think i am going to pass on getting the starshield but i think i would get the Stage 2 upgrade for the exhaust. ....and one more thing...getting in and out of the car wasnt one of the better points...it seemed a bit tricky but easier when the roof is off. I ordered Ardent Red with the hard top roof but now i dont think i want my roof...anyone want to buy it once i receive it?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Welcome to the mental madness and sheer exctasy that is the Elise. :) What do you have on order? I do recommend that you seriously rethink the starshield (or an atlernative) decision. I think that a dirty outline that washes off is a small price to pay for keeping it from collecting a hodge podge of chips and scrapes.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
babak said:
Welcome to the mental madness and sheer exctasy that is the Elise. :) What do you have on order? I do recommend that you seriously rethink the starshield (or an atlernative) decision. I think that a dirty outline that washes off is a small price to pay for keeping it from collecting a hodge podge of chips and scrapes.
I agree withBabak on the Starshield or alternative. My starshield is already kind of a mess just in front of the rear wheels from the front tires kicking back road debris. The paint would be a mess if the starshield wasn't there. Therefore it's doing it's job.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
starshield

i thought the elise was a fiberglass body and didnt pick up many paint chips that a normal metal car would?
i had a vette for 3 yrs that didnt get chipped very much and now i have an audi that has a ton of chips.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I look at the Invinca-shield on my black MR-2 Spyder, and praise the lord that it's on there. It looks like crap, but I know that under it lies a pristine layer of paint. When I sell it, I can tell potential buyers that they have the option of dirty plastic or clean paint. Removal is just a hairdryer away. My Elise will definitely have it (qafter stripes are painted!). Max

1 - 9 of 9 Posts