The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@eldonz.....it's time for you to get one of these.....life is short. :)

Thanks again for your sage advice.

Having some Sunday FUN on track......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Now Jack, that is plain mean when you consider that I want one and they are very hard to find!

But coming from an "Old Fart" like you, or should I just say "Over the Hill"!

Have FUN driving that beautiful car and I will see you this spring!

Take care,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Build your own. All these cars are just bolt-on cars, they get their names from which parts are bolted onto the same chassis.
A Cup-R is a very special version that comes with an X-Trac transmission. The trans is what is keeping Lotus from making a 430 Cup-R. They don't have any more parts available which is why I can't get one.

Later,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Cup-R is a very special version that comes with an X-Trac transmission. The trans is what is keeping Lotus from making a 430 Cup-R. They don't have any more parts available which is why I can't get one.

Later,
Eldon
Eldon....Old Fart says: You can do it.....it's only money. Buy the Xtrac 426 yourself and have it delivered to Hethel.....they already have the axles and tranny/motor mounts. Lotus has the calibrations for the ECU and TCU or you can have Phil do it.... no problem there. :up:

It only costs $50K or so and can handle all the torque you can throw at it (480lb/ft). ;)

P426 TOURING CAR & GT

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If you have enough money, most everything is possible.
Yes, Andrew, everything is possible..... he can install a roll cage, cut out the trunk, add the fire suppression system, add the Ohlin TTX shocks, add expansion tanks for the oil and transmission and do a few other mods to equal what the Lotus Motorsport Department did to the CupR's (before Lotus shut the Motorsport division down). Then Eldon can improve upon the factory's cooling system (water, oil and tranny), add the Bosch Motorsport ABS, change out the muffler, do some milling to the front hubs, change out the rear "cam" plates, etc., etc. to make the 430 stout for track use. Then he can buy some decent logging equipment, add some additional sensors and all will be good. It's just MONEY.....and us car guys can't help ourselves. :grin2:

Shouldn't cost him too much... @eldonz ..... what did Lotus quote you for a 1-off? >:) . -eek-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@eldonz ..... more encouragement for ELDON ..... another day in Paradise (aka Pahrump ;) ) at the track.

I have more miles on my track cars than my street cars :surprise: ...... you got to exercise the "steeds". :grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts

@Jack - I know the cars can take that kind of mileage but isn't that a stretch for somebody your age? :bow: Maybe you should leave this kind of stuff to the younger generation! :grin2:
@Jack - My wife says I should stop picking a fight from such a poor position. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
@Jack - OK, I cannot make you jealous about being able to drive everyday but what about different tracks?

First Pic - Atlanta Motorsports Park
Second Pic - Barber Motorsports Park
Third Pic - National Corvette Museum, Getting ready to pass an Exige V6!
Fourth Pic - Road Atlanta exiting 10B and approaching the "Troll Bridge".
Fifth Pic - Roebling Road, the first time I ever had the car on track!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
@Jack - And some more tracks

First Pic - Virginia International Raceway - Notice how little of the inside tires are on the ground.
Second Pic - COTA - The famous uphill run to Turn 1.

There are still a still a few other tracks like Watkins Glenn, Palmer Motorsports and Sebring.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eldon,

Great pics and wonderful tracks. :clap::clap:

Back a few years when I was young ;) and racing with Lotus Challenge and Lotus Cup, I got to drive some tracks other than those at Spring Mountain. All out west..... here are some photos (with some of my current and past LOTI) .... just for @eldonz >:)

1) Laguna Seca

2) Infineon (now Sonoma)

3) Buttonwillow Raceway Park

4) Willow Springs International Raceway

5) AutoClub Speedway (The "Roval")

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts