The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Terry
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was thinking about selling my car so I paid to run a report thru AutoCheck.com.

The result came out good but one thing that confuses me is that it says my car is a 72D collector edition car. I thought I have a regular elise... so yeah has this happened to anyone here?

And also, what is a good report to show buyers when you are selling a car? Is AutoCheck ok? or is CarFax preferred? or is there anything else out there that's even better?

Thank you! :bow:

Terry

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
No. No gold at all... that's why it's confusing when i see the report.
Since the 72D is primarily a livery package, unless you put it 'back' to the way ir was originally with all the gold trim and gold euro exige wheels, you won't benefit at resale. Don't suppose you have the black/gold racing helmet that came with it originally?

·
Terry
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since the 72D is primarily a livery package, unless you put it 'back' to the way ir was originally with all the gold trim and gold euro exige wheels, you won't benefit at resale. Don't suppose you have the black/gold racing helmet that came with it originally?
the car is no where 72D. It's either Autocheck is dumb or I have the wrong VIN since it arrives US continent.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Get a Certificate of Provinonce from Andy Gramm at the Lotus archive. That should tell you exactly what you have.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
the collectors editions are the most common I think.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey, if you find you do have a 72 D and want some gold parts, I have just bought an Exige S that the dealer did a 72 D conversion on (when new) before going out to the buyer. I'll be converting it back to stock since it's not a "real" 72 D, but I'll have gold powdercoated LSS wheels, a gold gas cap cover, and some interior trim parts and would be happy to trade for your stock parts.

And GLWS!

·
Terry
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, if you find you do have a 72 D and want some gold parts, I have just bought an Exige S that the dealer did a 72 D conversion on (when new) before going out to the buyer. I'll be converting it back to stock since it's not a "real" 72 D, but I'll have gold powdercoated LSS wheels, a gold gas cap cover, and some interior trim parts and would be happy to trade for your stock parts.

And GLWS!
Nice! and you are very close by. maybe we should do a lotus meet while i still have my current car! although i still don't know if it can ever be sold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts