The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to keep my mouth shut because I wanted to wait until today (C&C Irvine, saturday) to see the look on Chris (chris2pher)'s face when I rolled up in my CO Evora to match his CO Elise...

but I picked up my 10 Evora sport, sport ratio gearbox, premium on Tuesday. Too good of a deal to pass up, and too good of a deal on the Elise as well.

Love it thus far! Miss some aspects of the Elise (steering in particular) but overall this car is fabulous. 250 miles already since Tuesday; this will be my DD. The mod bug was rampant as soon as I picked it up unfortunately as well and Ramtin just eggs me on now so that's great...

I'm sure some of you recognize it from Newport, but I will say I had a great experience (as I always have) with Abe and cannot recommend them enough. Let's hope the aftersales experience is as good as it has been thus far!

I'm not normally a "loud" color guy but the CO and stripes thus far have made me happy..venture shield and tint ASAP, followed by an upgraded stereo, radium CAI and catch cans and a custom exhaust...if the wife will let me swing it!

I look forward to being a part of the Evora community...I will say moving from an Elise to the Evora has made the Evora seem like god's gift to cars!

BTW---I think I have a cupholder option sorted out..I have to have coffee on my morning drive so this was an essential thing for me..more to come

The car!

The painted-to-match Matchbox diecast for my desk at work!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
:clap:
Nice. Love the stripes

stereo was my first upgrade followed by CAI and Exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Daddy likey......daddy likey A LOT! That is SWEET! So you won't miss the Elise? As a former CO Elise SC owner hoping to go to a CO Evora S, I'm really interested in your opinion.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Love that color, perhaps the best for this car.

Drove ours 80 miles today. So fun.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Congratulations - from another Chrome Orange Evora owner.
We're fortunate to have scored on the CO, since it is discontinued as of 2012.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Dude, congrats again on the car. Oh, and let me know what your cup holder solution is. If it looks clean enough, I just may copy you. Now, if we can just get Chris to move to an Evora, world order can be restored in Irvine!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
Holy crap! Cars and Coffee today was a Chrome Orange lovefest. Gave new meaning to "Orange County". Congrats on the new ride.

I think when you were backing up this morning you were telling me you knew how I felt as there's little to no visibility, right?

If you want some help detailing the car don't hesitate. I have a Porter Cable random orbital, clay, and the whole line of Zaino products. I did a friend's Honda that was only a year old and he said even new it didn't look as good as when we got done with it.

San

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congrats again! Definitely caught me by surprise this morning. Love the matching diecast too. It felt weird getting in and out of a "normal" car for a change. I didn't have to climb out like a hunchback :) We had a blast today. Saturday mornings are just about my favorite part of the week. Looking forward to next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Congratulations - from another Chrome Orange Evora owner.
We're fortunate to have scored on the CO, since it is discontinued as of 2012.
You can still special order it with a new one............for a measley $3,200.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great choice! Let's see that cup holder solution!

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
West coast is Chrome Orange country and east Coast has a bunch of Persian Blues. Go fuigue. Only 2 left at Venti are the dark er gray "S" and a silver NA. This car needs color is what people are saying.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
.. Let's see that cup holder solution!
Not sure what invictusmaneo came up for a cup holder, but this is what I use. It's a cup holder for a porsche I got off ebay a while back (air-1) that I cut shorter and drilled. It bolts to two SS split shaft collars that I also drilled and tapped. The shaft collars clamp onto the lower seat lever. I can take it in and out in about 30 seconds. (I leave the shaft collars on the lever.) Quick and easy.

Tall drinks were originally challenging to fit under my leg, but regular sized were fine. For tall ones, I now use an insulated tumbler with a folding straw (not the solid straw shown in the photos). Basically spill proof and no clearance problems at all. Works fine for me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts