The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Z06 owner just got back from the ring ( the same guy who says Z06s spank Elises) and he says that they sell MODIFIED Elises right down the road from the ring for 32K Euro, and he provided the following website.

http://www.red-motorsport.de/

Thats like $34,000 USD for a Modified S2. How can that be?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Jenn,
If you're talking about the red one, the ad says 34,500 euro which is about $38,000 USD. Which is about right. My German is nonexistent however.
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jenn,

The price for this tuned one is so low b/c of some reasons.
The Elise is cheaper in Germany than in the USA b/c of diff. taxes, cheaper model and shipping. And i dont know in what stage of tuning it is, but i don't think it has modded heads and sharper cams. I guess it has sport exhaust, diff airbox and maybe some other small things who are not so expensive.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks,

I figured when he said modded he was talking serious mods, but if you're talking K&N and exhaust thats not so "modded" in my book. He was pretty much acting like the cars are a dime a dozen there and you can buy heavily modded cars for nothing, so I had to ask :)

Thanks!
J

·
Registered
55 Posts
$38k for an Elise race car... that's not bad! I hear that you can get a year-long pass on the 'ring for a couple hundred bucks. Man, I wish they had something like that around here. Liability concerns would preclude it, I'm sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts