The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely brilliant!!!!
My was installed at Lotus of Durham by Billy. It was their first OEM. Billy said it was quite a bit more detailed than the Katinas he has done. He did take clam off. It would be a difficult install for the common man.

We put the cup air box on at the same time.
Sounds fantastic---I am now a "whining" addict.

Cheers-
Jay

By the way, it also comes with colder plugs and three quite sexy decals to place on the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Docjay,

Hi, I live in Kernersville and have a few friends in Summerville - I would love to catch up sometime and see your Elise. I was ordering some parts from Durham Lotus and asked about the Supercharger - they said they had just finished yours and it was a bear - the parts gal (very nice) there said you got a great deal on that one as they lost money but they really wanted to do it in order to be one of the first to do it.

Great for you! Enjoy!

Ash Worboys
MAJ, AR
Assistant Professor of Military Science
Wake Forest University Army ROTC
P.O. Box 7599
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
(336) 758-5542 (Office)
(336) 501-0173 (Personal Cell)
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
755 Posts
So how does it compare from new to old?
I had the factory supercharger installed as well, so I can contribute something intelligent for a change :D

The mid-range gain with the supercharger is phenomenal, especially given the 4400 RPM 2nd cam crossover under full load. Torque is also noticeably increased below the 4400 RPM. Basically, you can drive the car around town without worrying about keeping the RPM's up. Going 25mph in 4th gear and need to speed up? No problem.

The top end change isn't as dramatic, yes, the car is a little faster at high speed, but it's not the day and night difference as in the middle of the RPM band at lower speeds.

The only downsides are a fair bit of additional blower noise, and the price.

I've also driven a Charlie tuned BWR supercharged car. It seems like the BWR setup has a little bit less mid-range, but the top end feels a LOT more powerful.

I posted a thread about my factory SC on the Forced Induction forum. Now that my new engine is broken in (long story), I'll be posting some dyno graphs to show the dirrerence.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I heard it fly by yesterday at work. Sounds nice! Looks great too

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Different car

So how does it compare from new to old?
Different car--seriously.

I was debating about trading in Lolita for a 1999 Ferrari 360. I wisely decided to supercharge instead.

What a blast of a change for the money.

I will NEVER sell my 05 Elise--Please no one on Lotus Talk let me sell it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stop by

Docjay,

Hi, I live in Kernersville and have a few friends in Summerville - I would love to catch up sometime and see your Elise. I was ordering some parts from Durham Lotus and asked about the Supercharger - they said they had just finished yours and it was a bear - the parts gal (very nice) there said you got a great deal on that one as they lost money but they really wanted to do it in order to be one of the first to do it.

Great for you! Enjoy!

Ash--Stop by --My cell is 336-225-4231

I am 10 mins from Kvegas

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Docjay,

Great for you! Enjoy!

Ash--Stop by --My cell is 336-225-4231

I am 10 mins from Kvegas
If you want to connect with the Carolina Lotus owners, check out www.carolinacarclubs.com.

We do monthly drives and get-togethers.

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts