The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home after picking my car up and had to post! Cantrell Motorsports finished installing the katana 2 kit and man what a difference! I wasn't sure what to expect but I tell ya I had a grin on my face the entire way home. :)

The cam switch over isn't as harsh anymore and hits a little over 4k. Another thing is....no more gear rowing to pickup speed, it just seems to pull and pull. Too bad the weather is crappy out, would have loved to have some more fun!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I dropped it off last Thursday and they finished it yesterday. The total came to $3300 and thst included new rear pads and rotors. Great shop, visit their website for info on them. (Welcome to Cantrell Motorsports) they kept me informed of status throughout the process. They will be doing all my stuff moving forward. Gave me the warm feelies when I pulled my car up to the shop with a Ferrari in the lift and the stalls lined with Porsches.

Forkmeupscotty I do need to get some pics up. Not much to really see though. I was surprised to see how stealth the kit is in the bay. You barely notice it being tucked so far down.

Made an excuse to go to the store just to get another 20mins of driving in. :) too bad I'm I'm in Seattle and its pouring out.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was pleasantly surprised with the price myself. The exact cost was $3335.37. I hadn't dealt with the shop before but another member on the board had and recommended them. I was going to have the local Lotus dealer do it but they don't have the best reputation.....

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the price myself. The exact cost was $3335.37. I hadn't dealt with the shop before but another member on the board had and recommended them. I was going to have the local Lotus dealer do it but they don't have the best reputation.....
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was your total + parts and tune? Also, yes post some pics!

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
You got a katana2 installed with new stock rear pads and rotors for 3300? really? that seems like an awesome price.
i'm assuming this price did not include the price of the SC itself, just the labor from the shop + the other stuff they did

...if i'm wrong, i'm driving there TOMORROW :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Afex...you got it right. I think someone read that wrong :). I was only speaking to the shop and price of installation. The katana itself came from sector111.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mobius, that is sorta good to know. At 3.3k, I was figuring you knew a guy who was selling Katana 2's out of the trunk of his car. Which I would have cash handy for this...:coolnana:

Is the Katana2 one of the best choices for a SC? Is there something else I need to begin to consider if I drop in a SC. Doesn't this put more wear and tear on the transmission and engine? If so are there any upgrades that should go along with a Katana2 that will be 'needed'.

Watching Swinglo's hero cam **** makes the SC want into a need. I wonder how it sounds with my arqray exhaust. :shift:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Madisonart….I took it for granted and figured folks knew/understood I was just speaking to the install and brakes. The Katana itself runs $4k from Sector111 so I apologize if I added to the confusion.

Is the Katana2 one of the best choices for a SC?
There is nothing wrong with the Katana, it’s been around for quite a while and is quite proven. I feel the BOE kits are better seeing that they can be purchased with an option to have the next gen S/C (TVS) vs the M62. The TVS is a more efficient S/ and can be intercooled as well. The BOE kits are also modular allowing for more upgrade paths and higher power. The Katana offers 1 upgrade that goes from 245hp to 265. Though you can retrofit the Katana’s with the BOE’s kit…it’s like starting over at the cost of the Katana 2 itself.

However all of this is subjective depending on your needs. If I was to choose the kit myself I would have gone with the BOE 300 kit. I received my Katana 2 as a gift from the wife. I sent her a link a little over a year ago…she saved it. Surprised me with it last month!!!! So I am not complaining and the power is awesome! After picking the car up…I merged onto the freeway. It was a long onramp; I gunned it and was literally laughing out loud. I was not expecting the difference to be THAT noticeable. I’m very happy with the kit as most seem to be. The BOE kit, oh well…..shoulda woulda, coulda. I’m not crying over not having it. 

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Just got home after picking my car up and had to post! Cantrell Motorsports finished installing the katana 2 kit and man what a difference! I wasn't sure what to expect but I tell ya I had a grin on my face the entire way home. :)

The cam switch over isn't as harsh anymore and hits a little over 4k. Another thing is....no more gear rowing to pickup speed, it just seems to pull and pull. Too bad the weather is crappy out, would have loved to have some more fun!
God, I hate these supercharger posts.:(

It is something that I don't need, yet I want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts