The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just got a 2005 Elise in orange. I've only had it a few days and I'm already in love!!! <3 It's not my primary driver but it will probably get driven almost every day...I live in south Florida and running errands in one of these baby's makes it a little more fun! :) It came with a hard top and a soft top but I still haven't attempted to take the top off but can't wait.

My first question for the forum is where can I find place that sells accessories like the key fob? Looking for one is what lead me to this forum and I still haven't been able to find one. Any help on this would be great! Thanks, Lizzyyyy

·
Registered
668 Posts
welcome. well, get ready for a new addiction! i hope you have some money left, cause soon you will be searching for more than a key fob :) let me see... or lets hope you are better than me. i thought this was it. once i have it, it was perfect! hahah but now i am looking at so many mods :) don't get me wrong, the car is not bad. it is perfect. but just a little help from a tuned ECU or some splitter and mesh grill can make the car even better.

well besides that. Get used to checking this site. LOTUSTALK has so many things that you have or haven't thought about your car! easy mods like extending that new key fob range to more than 1.5 feet distance. :) or a micro mirror. and others are more important, (trust me i learned the hard way already) like a HUUUGE air HORN!!! people can't see you, i know its funny i drive a CO elise too. OH and CONVEX mirrors (i still haven't been able to find those!)

advice: in any turn, at higher speeds, DON'T lift of the gas, your car will change the weight ratio and you might find yourself in a wall or ditch. (i experienced it and luckily there was no ditch or wall next to me :)

drive the car like you are on motorcycle. Pay attention to everyone else! they won't see you even if you are orange!

others have more advice!

enjoy your lotus!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Someone normally sells cobra alarm fobs on E-Bay, that is where I picked up my spares. Re-programming them is a major pain, but there are great threads already in place which do an excellent job of covering the procedure.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
OH and CONVEX mirrors (i still haven't been able to find those!)
You mean Multivex mirrors ?.........( I have 50 sets on order ! )

·
Registered
112 Posts
My first question is: How about a pic of your new toy? :)

Hey. Just got a 2005 Elise in orange. I've only had it a few days and I'm already in love!!! <3 It's not my primary driver but it will probably get driven almost every day...I live in south Florida and running errands in one of these baby's makes it a little more fun! :) It came with a hard top and a soft top but I still haven't attempted to take the top off but can't wait.

My first question for the forum is where can I find place that sells accessories like the key fob? Looking for one is what lead me to this forum and I still haven't been able to find one. Any help on this would be great! Thanks, Lizzyyyy

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
OH.... you got the right color BTW

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Sorry, without a pic we'll have to call B.S. on your O.P.... :D
-poke-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, without a pic we'll have to call B.S. on your O.P.... :D
-poke-
Hang on to your horses! Remember I live in south Florida where the summer rain is punctual... Which brings me to my next question. If I encounter puddles about how deep can I go? Ideally I will avoid them at all costs but there are some roads that on a good day of rain will potentially block me in.

P.s. it's looking pretty nice this afternoon and if the car isn't full of tree poop I'll snap some pics. :)

·
Failed at Self Control
652 Posts
... If I encounter puddles about how deep can I go? Ideally I will avoid them at all costs but there are some roads that on a good day of rain will potentially block me in.
I've taken my Elise into some pretty deep water. A couple times last year the 710 Freeway was flooded under the 405 and a few other spots. The freeway traffic was all narrowed down in these flooded areas and everyone was forming a single line on the high shoulder of the freeway. And it wasn't just 10 or 15 feet of flooding ... the length of the flooding was at least a block or two long. When it was my turn I was like "HOLY CRAP!!" -eek- :crazyeyes :confused: ... I had the crazy idea that the car would end up floating like a boat and I would drift into the deep end and get stranded. But I didn't ...and came out the other side of these flooded areas just fine and I have no doubts that my exhaust was fully submerged. ...just don't go at it at 60 mph. :D

...I don't worry about crossing semi-deep water anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts