The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a ForceFed header, high flow cat, CAI, and arqray single tip muffler. My car actually ran like normal on a stock tune but I know I wasn't really benefitting from any of those mods. Well, I reached out to Jermaine at VisionFunction. I sent my ECU to him and he did his magic and now my car is a beast! I know it's not supercharged but this tune made a HUGE difference! It's not just a "butt dyno" kinda feel... it's a "hit my head on the back of the seat because I wasn't expecting it" feel. The power delivery is really smooth and useable. He lowered the 2nd cam and it doesn't have that big kick like a stock tune has. It just ramps up nice and smooth.

Anyone that has hesitated to get tuned... DO IT! You'll love it and your tires will hate it! rotfl

Thank You Jermaine! :bow:

·
Registered
409 Posts
most people know the elise is a great car, but they have no idea how awesome it is if you mod it a little bit.

I had a kold fire 190 tune before supercharging and it was great. It gor rid of that i-vtec kick in nonsense the stock tune has

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats, Chris! and luckily we've had the weather you can still enjoy it. i've already got mine on clean, stabil, and on the tender, but if it gets just 5 degrees warmer i'll probably have to take her around again. that will just be a cold cold car wash... haha

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I've had a ForceFed header, high flow cat, CAI, and arqray single tip muffler. My car actually ran like normal on a stock tune but I know I wasn't really benefitting from any of those mods. Well, I reached out to Jermaine at VisionFunction. I sent my ECU to him and he did his magic and now my car is a beast! I know it's not supercharged but this tune made a HUGE difference! It's not just a "butt dyno" kinda feel... it's a "hit my head on the back of the seat because I wasn't expecting it" feel. The power delivery is really smooth and useable. He lowered the 2nd cam and it doesn't have that big kick like a stock tune has. It just ramps up nice and smooth.

Anyone that has hesitated to get tuned... DO IT! You'll love it and your tires will hate it! rotfl

Thank You Jermaine! :bow:

how long did it take to get back after you sent it out?

ill most likely do the same over winter after having some talks with Jermaine a while back

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
I followed PlasticFantastic's thread with the link to this thread and am wondering if Pooter received the "canned" ECU reflash with the 5500 switchover or if Jermaine did a slightly more custom flash to accommodate the exhaust mods Pooter has installed.

Anyone?

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is what I hate about these forums.

People discuss abstract ideas, parts, tunes, etc., and then provide no links or anything. Perhaps it's because the average age of Lotus owners is greater than the average car forum age?

Anyway. This tune sounds really great. Maybe clue some of us in by linking to the tuner's website or something.

·
Less is Better
2,634 Posts
This is what I hate about these forums.

People discuss abstract ideas, parts, tunes, etc., and then provide no links or anything. Perhaps it's because the average age of Lotus owners is greater than the average car forum age?

Anyway. This tune sounds really great. Maybe clue some of us in by linking to the tuner's website or something.
Do you know about Google, kid?

Let me google that for you

·
Registered
159 Posts
Jermaine is a great guy, sent my ecu out he got it next day and shipped it out right away, only a few days total.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Jermaine is great, I'm pretty local so I was able to drive over and he did a custom tune for the mods I have (VF exhaust, BWR decat,Cup airbox) + tune. He got 186 wheel HP out of it. Car feels great all the way through the powerband now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts