The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had just the shut off the water to the house, and cut my plumbing out, when a buddy called me up and said he was the only person at the track, and if I wanted to come up to keep him and the track manager entertained, I was welcome to it!

So I did what any gear would do, announced I was leaving, and the water was off! (oooopsie)

So, I took her up to the track for the first time. First impression, shes not like the MINI I used to track! She understeered pretty bad, and left foot tail braking was in order (which Ive never been good, nor was it required in the mini). Other than that, it was great fun, for a few quick laps. I was pretty rusty on line as well, but it got better quick (its been about a year and a half since my last tracking). The front sway bar is set to the second stiffest setting, so Im going to dial that back a notch, and see how it feels.

She was a WHOLE lot faster down the straight, and I wasnt even getting a good start on it. Would like to get out again soonish (but not too soon, dont want to get hooked again :wallbang: ) She sure sounded good tho!

Beech

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Congrats Beecher,
Track days are loads of fun, and much less stressful when you get most of the understeer in control.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congrats Beecher ... sounds like you had a good time ... Cayuga I assume? You definitely would be experiencing massive understeer today due to the temperature. Make sure you do a lot of warm up laps to get some heat in the tires. Next time you're heading down, let me know as it would be great to run with another Lotus. I might be there this Wednesday depending on the weather.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it was Cayuga. I was doing 2 or 3 before doing a hot lap, which wasnt really all that hot. It had just been too long, and I had never tracked a RWD car. just trying to get the feel of her (i also Have mis matched tires on right now, and will for a bit). And trying to unlearn all the bad street driving habits I picked over over time. I dont think I can make this wednesday, but pm me your number, and we can try to make plans to get together. Yours isnt red is it? were you there a couple weeks ago?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, yours is white, never mind, lol

My friend is always up there, and there was a red 260 2 weeks ago, he sent me a pic of. I was there for Eurofest last year and a black 260 showed up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey Beecher,

Mine's actually a black S240 ... I'm usually out in the summer on the Wednesday nights and sometimes on the weekends early in the season (at the cottage the rest of the summer). I'll PM you my number and we should definitely get together ... I've been trying to setup a meet for the people in the area but the weather has not been cooperating.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey Beecher ... did you buy your car from a dealer up in Guelph? I was actually going to put an offer in on that one I think but I was too late and it was sold ... small world!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, thought i seen something yours was white. No, I got mine in Ancaster from a dealer whos cars I detail. Original owner was in Guelph tho, then went to someone in Ancaster area for about 9 months, then to me. It had a key chain from a Guelph dealership on it, so probably was mine! Weather people are unreliable lately, thats for sure!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The red one from a few weeks ago was me. My first time at the track with it.

I know the guy from the Guelph who sold his. Seemed like a really nice car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he got the orange viper to replace it? Or did you know Bruce, the original owner? (who I actually think may have got a viper as well).

I might be up in kitchener wed, but i doubt in the in the lotus, send me you number, and we can try and meet up as well, perhaps us all, at the track one night.

Beech

·
Registered
140 Posts
I believe it was the original owner. He didn't replace it with a Viper. Or at least not that I knew of. I think he just recently bought a V8 M3. He is my best friends neighbour. So I just hear everything through him.

And yes meeting up with some other Lotus owners would be great!

PM sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts