The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all went pretty smoothly with the excellent Sector111 instructions. I lost only a minimal amount of blood compared with my other projects. But the best part was no trips to the emergency room (one adjustment with the chiropractor though rotfl!) On to the questions...

The instructions said to use the Lotus manual to set the toe and then get an alignment. I am not finding the instructions in the manual. I did try and take a measurement before starting but was not smart enough to take it from a fixed point. I have an appointment to have it aligned tomorrow morning. The place is 5 miles away. Can I have the toe so off as to ruin the tires in five miles? Is it a bad idea to leave the engine panel and the diffuser off for the drive in the rain?

Lastly, what are the current ideas on alignment specs for a car that is used for a good bit of autocross and track days with a base Exige suspension.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
the problem is the 111 heim joints have less threads so you need to be fairly close or you will have to remove the brace and reset them. either way 5 miles you will be fine but if you over about 1/2" off it may need to be redone. carl

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I agree that 5 miles should be fine with the caveat that rear wheel toe out can create a very unpredictable oversteer and instability. So go at a leisurely pace.

I don't think you should have any problem from leaving the panels off for that short drive. Everything gets wet from the top in the rain anyway.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help. I got everything buttoned back up. I hope I left enough threads in place to let them get the toe correct. It should be an interesting morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts