The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger HID cuts on and off. I've taken out the dang passenger headlight assembly more then I care to admit trying to fix this issue. The kit is brand new, so Im not exactly sure what the issue is, although it starts with the negative side of the blade terminal. The blade fits in the female side nice and snug, but you got to wiggle it in order for the light to activate. Also when you remove the negative blade connector, and plug it back in, the light will flicker, like there isnt good contact (yet there is)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you have a multimeter? If you can, try and measure the voltage and current between the factory wiring harness and the ballast. If the amperage isn't steady, it could cause the ballast output to flicker on and off (HIDs are basically on or off, low voltage will not cause them to be dim, like regular lights).

·
Registered
311 Posts
You may have a bad ballast. Swap the ballast to the driver side and drivers to the passenger side, but keep the bulbs constant. If the flickering (on and off) moves to the driver's side then I would think your ballast is bad.

I had the flickering (on and off) issue with one of my HID ballast after about 4 years. I just purchased a complete new kit from DDM since they're so cheap.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I need to go ahead and swap out ballasts and see whats going on. It looks like I may be using my warranty earlier then expected :huh:

No multimeter or Id give that a shot as well.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Was also going to recommend swapping ballasts. Have you had a chance to try that yet?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have yet to try that. I will be back home on Saturday and Ill get started on the build. Im also going to look up the green wire mod so I dont burn these suckers out sooner then expected. Its kind of a pain to go in there and change them out all the time (although Ive done it 49 times already on the passenger side.)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've installed at least 5 of these kits all with great success.. I'd recommend trying another set however - sounds like a bad ballast.. They ARE cheapa$$ chinese knockoffs of $500+ kits afterall, but worth every penny IMO

sorry to hear your troubles this is not the norm.. I have them on all my cars and most of my friends cars as well with great results despite the humble price.. haven't even burnt out a bulb yet 2yrs running

1 - 8 of 8 Posts