The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving a 2002 Porsche 911 AWD Cab for a number of years, it was time for a change and I struggled mightily with what to get next. I came across the Evora and was immediately hooked. After searching for a few weeks, I found the perfect one and now she belongs to me.

This past Tuesday, I picked up a new 2013 Evora and couldn't be happier. The 911 was great but the handling on the Evora is beyond. Admittedly my 911 was getting up their in age but I test drove a new one recently and my opinion still stands, the Evora rules from a handling perspective and definitely from a sexy perspective. Living in Fairfield County, CT, Porsche's are seen everywhere and I mean everywhere. I don't think I have ever seen a Lotus in the area except for mine now of course.

Sadly, the dealer came and picked it up last night (yes, the very next day after I brought it home) as the security system in the car was acting up and the Sirius radio wasn't working.

The fuse that controls the Key FOB's, trunk latch, and Glove Box had a bad filament that wasn't always creating a connection. Unfortunately, if you can't unlock the car with the key FOB, you can't start the car.

As for the Sirius radio, when installed at the factory, they swapped two wires.

Alls well that ends well as I'm getting her back later today and I can't wait! Pic's to follow once the warm weather sets back in.

PS - Does it ever get easier backing her up? I can't imagine trying to parallel park the Evora.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Congrats!!!! Of course we need pics. Yes, you get used to backing her up. Camera is essential. For the FOB, I keep an extra battery in my glovebox because one time it didn't work for a long time and I thught I would be stranded.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

You'll get used to the limited view out the back. At least you have a backup camera and a rear window...some of us don't have either. :)

I wouldn't think of parallel parking my Lotus...too many people use the bump method of parking and even a small crack will cost you a pretty penny!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome - you are going to love it! I've had mine for 8 months now as my daily driver and you quickly find your own method of reversing and parking (passenger mirror angled downwards works a treat in tight spaces).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Backup camera is essential. I think many of the Loti had the Sirius plugged in the wrong plug from the factory so you are not alone.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Congrats & welcome! I ordered the extended view side mirrors from ReallyLightStuff, & they make backing up much easier. I seldom even use the back up camera anymore. As previously mentioned, don't use the bump method for backing up. A minor crack in the rear bumper costs approx. $5k to fix. Guess how I know? :facepalm

·
Registered
128 Posts
"Unfortunately, if you can't unlock the car with the key FOB, you can't start the car."

You can bypass the engine immoblizer with a series of "ignition" activations and start the car.

See your owners manual for detailed instructions (page 28). You must know your cars 5 digit PIN.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congrats & welcome! I ordered the extended view side mirrors from ReallyLightStuff, & they make backing up much easier. I seldom even use the back up camera anymore. As previously mentioned, don't use the bump method for backing up. A minor crack in the rear bumper costs approx. $5k to fix. Guess how I know? :facepalm
I thought the lower half of the front and rear on the Evora is plastic to flex and absorb small bumps??

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's Nightfall Blue with the Cognac interior. It has all the bells and whistles, most importantly the back up camera. Parking is definitely going to take a while but that just means more time in the car for me so it's a win win!

I can't believe what that bumper repair costs but then again, coming from a 911, I should know better than to expect cheap repair bills.

And I promise pic's once the weather warms up. Right now its 7 degrees outside!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome. I also switched from Porsche (997), and Ferrari 360, to Lotus. Agree with the handling being superior to both, and I think the overall "ride" is better while improving on "handling" when pushing. I was irritated (once again) by both Porsche and Ferrari when they failed to offer a manual trans on their latest 911 and 458. I know, I know, technology advances, but I still like to have a choice.
Backing up comfortable with rear camera; my concern with "parking by braille" is the other guy, not me!
Note to lckitty: great idea on spare battery! (it's the simply solutions I have trouble with...............)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Did you pick up the '13 Nightfall Blue from Secor? Ended up going with one closer to home from Flow in NC but very seriously considered your car. It is a beautiful combo. Enjoy.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Congrats. I love that color combo.

As others mentioned, the Sirius was wired backwards for a bunch of folks . . . something about wires of the same color are not always meant to be connected.

Just get used to issues like the fuse. Not that you'll have another bad fuse, but there will probably be 100 other little things that come up over time. However, driving the car (or even just looking at it) makes all those little "issues" totally worth dealing with.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Beautiful color combo.

I got hit in the rear bumper and received paint damage and a few trim damage items on the bumper and the left rear quarter panel. Bill after all the paint mixing and work was near 5000. Most of i went into labor for removing everything except the rear clam, and the paint work and custom paint mixing for the 3 stage paint (they had to custom tint the basecoat to get a good match despite the factory mixing specs)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, grabbed it from Secor in New London, CT. The salesman there, Steve, is one of the most professional salesman I have ever dealt with. A truly pleasurable transaction which is rare in the auto industry, at any level

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Welcome

Yes, that is a great color combo. In fact, I liked it so much that is what I have!
I going back to the dealer (Flow NC) as they discovered when replacing the A-Pillar cover that was some hidden damage to the windshield. So, a month later they have a replacement now and I'm heading back Monday. About 100 mile drive for me. Hoping after this trip I'm done for a while. Good luck! A lot of great info here.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts