The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I just moved to the Austin area and wanted to say hi.

My Elise just arrived today and hopefully a fun drive is in my near future...

...After all the unpacking.

-Alex

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Hi.

I just moved to the Austin area and wanted to say hi.

My Elise just arrived today and hopefully a fun drive is in my near future...

...After all the unpacking.

-Alex
Welcome to Texas,

Very nice weather in Austin IMHO and some great driving roads. You will find Wimberley, Blanco, Fredricksburg, etc, etc I am sure... Here are a couple of other helpful things:

North Texas Lotus Club on Facebook (Mostly DFW based, but still relevant)
TheDriversEdge.net is a great organization for track days (MSR-H, MSR-C, TWS and COTA) if that is your thing.

Also, get yourself down to the town of Lockhart for some epic BBQ, unless you are vegan, then skip it.

Oh, and just try to stay away from MoPac and I35 ALL the time. I35 is THE main artery of the state and possibly the nation these days. I hate driving that road and it is the worst from San Antonio to Dallas.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to Texas. I was watching your for sale thread. I think that you will be very pleased that you did not sell the car as the Austin area has some great roads as @jefrac mentioned. They don't call it the hill country for nothing!

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all.

Thanks for the great replies. I am looking forward to some great drives and BBQ too.

Now I have to get the California plate off my car, so I can blend in more around here. Hahahaha.

-Alex

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome! You should check out the Cars and Coffee at the Oasis. Usually a great turnout. The weather is perfect this time of the year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts