The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey buds! I just moved from Fort Lauderdale Florida to Orange County. I live in Fullerton and work in Huntington Beach. I have a few friends spread out in South Cali but not too many and not many in the car scene.

When I left Florida I had a laundry list of some little easy projects I was hoping to do to the car and now that I'm here, I'm hoping to meet some people that might want to lend me a hand or just motivate me to do it!

Also, I need to do some general maintenance to the car, like an oil change and clutch fluid. If anyone wants to help me out with this! or recommend a good mechanic, that'd be awesome!

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Welcome to OC! Nice to have you as part of the group. A bunch of us do cars and coffee every Sat. morning in Irvine. If you don't have any plans this weekend, you should come out. A lot of people get work done with Harry at A1 Smog in San Gabriel, but oil changes are easy enough to do on your own if you want. What are your car projects? I'm always down to help out. Tell us more about your car too!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude. thanks for the quick reply!

I have an 05 Elise. It's pretty much stock. I put a kenwood fold out in it and I bought a 10" sub to hopefully lodge into the passenger footwell.

I've only had the car for about 3-4 months.

As far as projects go... I want to do some maintence stuff first. Fluids, I have a bulb out, and I need to replace a side marker that's been broken since I got it. Then I'd like to do some bolt on stuff and start taking dead weight off the car like the rear delete.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice. I have an 05 too. The good thing about being located here is the Newport European dealership is a distributor for Lotus Garage, so you can get OEM parts and avoid the UK shipping.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
welcome to the area! what color 05? There's a good group of us in OC with a fair amount of Elise experience, plus loads of Lotus experience in the region overall

·
Back to the Future, again
6,187 Posts
Welcome to the OC and while there is also a good group in LA, we are not quite as active as the younger and more enthusiastic OC crowd on the board, but there is a lot of good experience here and Harry runs a good show. My car as well as another member's car is there right now getting some professional work done.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hi! Welcome to California, hopefully if you have time you can make it to one of our Lakewood/Long Beach meets.

I was just going to do an oil change on my car as well. In the process of looking for an oil filter. Might just get a Toyota filter.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
go to autozone/pep boys/oreilly and get a mobil 1 m1-209 filter..slightly more capacity than stock, a cheaper alternative, and high quality. If you google elise oil change site:lotustalk.com you'll come up with plenty of hits

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Mobile 1 filters at my local autozone are $12.99, pretty rediculous IMO.

I was going to try Bosche distance plus, which has a rebate going on right now.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
did the OP ever do any maintenance or find a shop.

I just picked up some Rotella 5w-40 synthetic and Bosche distance+ filter. Gonna do an oil change maybe this weekend don't mind helping out another member.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,187 Posts
did the OP ever do any maintenance or find a shop.

I just picked up some Rotella 5w-40 synthetic and Bosche distance+ filter. Gonna do an oil change maybe this weekend don't mind helping out another member.
Make sure you do it in time so you can go to Sunday night's dinner!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! I just PMed Kimgt. I definitely need to get this oil change done so I appreciate all the comments here. Hope to meet some of you soon.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
CnC is an hour away from me and Lakewood CnD is at least thirty minutes. NO COMPLAINTS~!
Haha, you're right. I guess I'm just being anal about driving the car.

deadthruthrex - PM'd you back. come out to the meet on thursday!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Thanks guys! I just PMed Kimgt. I definitely need to get this oil change done so I appreciate all the comments here. Hope to meet some of you soon.
Hey Derek, I PM'd you and called never heard back.-poke-

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
O shoot! I just saw your PM. Did you do your oil change already? Do you mind texting me now or PMing me your number and I'll text you?! Thanks dude!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
haha, yeah. Already finished it on sunday, it was hot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts