The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings y'all! I just moved to SA from Germany and am waiting for my car to clear customs in Houston. Looking forward to getting together with anyone in the area. -- Kyle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Welcome! My Elise made the trip again from the other side of the pond last year.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Greetings y'all! I just moved to SA from Germany and am waiting for my car to clear customs in Houston. Looking forward to getting together with anyone in the area. -- Kyle

Plenty of Lotus owners in Texas. I make the trip from Dallas to SA about twice a year but you are likely to run into a few down there. Welcome :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Kyle,

Great to have you in the SA/Austin area. We have an informal group called the Hill Country Lotus Club and we have am email group, and a Facebook page. If you would like to get into the email group, just PM me with your email info. We are doing a drive up to Austin on the back roads on Sunday morning to meet the Austin Folks at the Cars and Coffee at Lake Travis. Let me know if you would like to go and I will send you you meet location and route.

Cheers,

Fastfred

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
What time are you guys headed to Austin? Would be nice to get a track day in on the way there or back.

·
Registered
842 Posts
What time are you guys headed to Austin? Would be nice to get a track day in on the way there or back.
I believe the group is leaving Bulverde at 8:00 a.m., so I suspect any track time would have to be on your return trip. The weather forecast looks great.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Jealous of you guys... We used to live just off RR12 just north of Wimberley. There are lots of great roads down there. Have fun and watch out for deer.

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey y'all, sorry I missed the gathering. I picked up my car from Houston yesterday and will be in rockport and goliad until next week.

What do y'all do for track insurance? My German insurance covered me on the Nordschleif but USAA stressed in not covered on the track here.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Hey Kyle,

what company did you use to ship your car?
I'll be on my way back to the US shortly (probably before the end of the summer) and I need to start preparing.

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Schumacher Logistics. Their main office is out of CA somewhere. With all the port fees and whatnot the total cost was just under $2300 for roll on roll off service.

·
Registered
416 Posts
:wave: Black Elise owner in San Antonio, I look forward to meeting you!

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Schumacher Logistics. Their main office is out of CA somewhere. With all the port fees and whatnot the total cost was just under $2300 for roll on roll off service.

Thanks Kyle!

I'll check with them to get a quote.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts