The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. Preparing for yet another major snow storm tomorrow night. Misery loves company!

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I am so done with it, and it's a hell of a lot warmer here.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More snow storm warnings for tomorrow! I cannot recall this many below zero days. Further, once a winter we would get a random 40 or 50 degree in Chicago and we have had none this year. One day i saw -22 on my SUV (without windchill)!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have been thinking for years of getting license plates that say

H8SNOW

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Don't worry guys, I leave for Afghanistan on the 14th. It will be in the 60's and sunny within a week...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Don't worry guys, I leave for Afghanistan on the 14th. It will be in the 60's and sunny within a week...
the worst kind of business trip :D

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
I hear you! We were planning to go indoor go-karting last weekend but since Chicago got hit hard Friday night/Saturday we had to cancel! ...I mean come on! All of our drives this past summer got rained on/ruined and now the weather is managing to ruin INDOOR events for me! I quit!

On that same vein, I have told myself that I would go run outside as long as the temps are above 20 degrees... Normally that would rule out a week or two all winter. This year I have been able to run TWICE since the beginning of December! I have never remembered a winter so harsh! It is either -10, 30+ mph winds, snowing 4+ inches, or all of the above! It is sad when the north pole is warmer than the midwest...

First time I have seriously considered moving out of this hell hole.

The only good news is that is has prevented any spending on the car, saving money! Instead I just spend all my money on alcohol now (It is a Wisconsin thing)...

·
Registered
2011 Evora, Persian Blue, 6-speed
551 Posts
Hang in there.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Okay I am officially tired of winter and ready to drive my Lotus.
I may have to go and drive a turbocharged Subaru. Saturn doesn't have a lot of go-power in this stuff, and the Burb is just too damned big.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You know not only can you drive year round in Texas, you also don't have to pay a state income tax which equals more Mod money :shift: Sorry guys I used to live in Canada and snow is exactly why I'm here :coolnana: I "used " to feel your pain....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was in Costa Rica on business and when I came back I wanted to be done. Might be part of the cause.

I do see a black lotus Elise driven year round at the Citgo refinery in Lemont. Damn impressive.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
I was in Costa Rica on business and when I came back I wanted to be done. Might be part of the cause.

I do see a black lotus Elise driven year round at the Citgo refinery in Lemont. Damn impressive.
There have been a few people in the chicagoland area who used to DD their Elise, but that was before your time here, noob. :)
Seems many of the original Chicago crowd just kind of disappeared.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Ok. It got down to -10F in Denver last night, so I broke down and ordered the severe weather kit for my Elise.

Its on its way from England as I type this

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm officially done with this weather. I'm in San Diego every 3 weeks and hate coming home. I really want to drive my car!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts