The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my Elise #11 on list at Valenti. I ordered Bordeaux Red with touring package, sports package, hard top, and biscuit interior.

I also saw the ardent red s111 demo yesterday. I could not drive it because the check engine light was going on, but I got to sit in it and see the car in person. I am not tall but I have pretty wide shoulders and I was originally concerned about my comfort and ease of entrance/egress. The car is better than I had ever imagined and with proper technique, getting in and out was easy if you are not trying to look cool doing it.

As a final note, I took the sample color chip for ardent red and held it up against the demo car and it seemed to be right on. Some of the color chips looked different than what I have seen on the internet. Most chips appear darker (especially bourdeaux red) than what I have seen on internet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are they going to correct that CEL and allow test drives or will it sit around at various dealers unable to be driven?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
petepara said:

As a final note, I took the sample color chip for ardent red and held it up against the demo car and it seemed to be right on. Some of the color chips looked different than what I have seen on the internet. Most chips appear darker (especially bourdeaux red) than what I have seen on internet.
That was a good thought.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Woah... Hold the phone....

You JUST NOW ordered and you got #11 on the list at Valenti??? Not possible. Not even close. I ordered at Valenti in mid October, and I am #6. Someone I talked to yesterday while sitting in that red car, said he ordered in January, and he is #23.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I read his post to mean he was number 11 already and is specing out the car, not that he came in from the street and got number 11.

I put my deposit with Valenti 2 months ago and was number 31 (now number 28).

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Took the Red 111S (Rover guts) car out for a drive today with Bill Reudgen. Cannot imagine what the U.S. version is going to be like with 30 pct more power and a '6-speed' instead of the of the '5'.
This car, even with its inferior tranny, is
mind boggling to drive and must be experienced to believe. Also evident is the feel of a solid race car beneath you.
Passenger room is a bit snug but shouldn't affect anyone other than the
really wide-bodies.

Q

·
0 Posts
I wonder if it's the same Red 111S that was in Florida at the end of 2003. It had the 156HP motor, I believe.

It WAS fun and handled like a go kart. My wife and I got a lot of looks and honks while on the test drive.

The shifter was a bit sloppy, so I too can't wait to feel the Toyota engine and tranny in this little car.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts