The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Just passed the 1,000 mile mark

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  rpolin 
#1 ·
So I just passed the 1,000 mile mark on my 2013 NA IPS 2+2 after owning her for a little more than a month. Yes I am having fun!

The dealer has offered me a free service at 1,000 miles but I'm guessing this isn't much more than an overall check of the car (i.e. fluids, leaks, etc.) and am just wondering if its even worth bringing it in at this point unless maybe there is something more that I might be missing?

The car is running great. The only issue is the heating system is not great but I beginning to think that it's not a malfunction but rather typical of this car. When i say the heats not great, I am referring to the intermittent draft in the footwell and how it can't blow air out of two different vents at the same time with any force (ex: footwell and face or footwell and windshield)

Thoughts?

#2 ·
I believe they will also do a oil change (my dealer wanted $400, but a easy DIY) and a ECU dump.
If your close and it is free, might as well take advantage of it. :UK:
Unfortunately I do not trust my dealer so I use this forum as my service advisor:D

#3 ·
Do bring it in, this service is essential for warranty and also includes a full ECU dump and oil change.

You already know the solution to the footwell draft, so have them fix that at the same time.

#5 ·
Yep, do it. Have them look at the HVAC issue. They will also find anything else to be fixed under warranty. And you can evaluate their service dept on their dime this time.

#10 ·
That "free" labor note was revised in later editions.

#11 · (Edited)
Some feedback for all. I had the 1,000 mile service done and the dealer who I can't say enough positive things about (Secor Lotus in New London, CT) came and picked up my car and left me with a BMW X3.

They did the oil change and looked into my concerns over the venting. While they couldn't find anything blocking the vents or any flaps stuck, they did dig around and also readjusted the steering column a little and I have to tell you that the cold air draft from the footwell is completely gone and the venting system works 10x better than before they took it in. The air blows strong from all the vents the way it should.

We all go different places for service but if you are anywhere near New London, CT, there Lotus mechanic's know their stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.