The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I just purchased a 2005 Lotus Elise on Thursday. It was a trade in on a Kia Optima (!!!!) and its at the Lotus dealer awaiting a smog check appointment on Monday. The Chevy dealer (it was Chevy and Kia) tried to smog it but claimed the electronics connection was unique, so they sent it to Lotus. Anyhow, lots to learn.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Always nice to see another Lotus lover in San Diego. Welcome and enjoy the Elise!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
There is nothing unique about the Elise OBDII scanning port, they were blowing smoke up your tailpipe.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Greetings! I just purchased a 2005 Lotus Elise on Thursday. It was a trade in on a Kia Optima (!!!!) and its at the Lotus dealer awaiting a smog check appointment on Monday. The Chevy dealer (it was Chevy and Kia) tried to smog it but claimed the electronics connection was unique, so they sent it to Lotus. Anyhow, lots to learn.
:popcorn:

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
The guys have a good point. The Chevy Dealer might have done you a favor,

Since you haven't taken possession yet, I believe that you can still undo the deal. So ... since it is at the Lotus dealer ask them to inspect it, get an ECU dump, ask them to explain it to you, and I am sure you already have a CarFax, look at that as well. If you have the VIN, you might post it here and see if anyone knows any history.
Or say to hell with worrying and drive it til you drop!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vin and Photo

VIN is SCCPC11175HL35041.

All I know is the prior owner traded it in to Weseloh Kia (Carlsbad, CA) on a new Kia Optima. I traded in my diesel Jeep (05 Jeep Liberty CRD) for the Lotus. Its still at the dealer, Lotus has it for another day, not sure the deal.

Prior owner did some mods, but engine looked stock:
- silly small mirrors from 111
- small rear view mirror from 111
- silly carbon wings on side from 111
- silly small voltsphreak battery that looks too small for me to live with
- neat cupholder from 111
- removed visors (in trunk)

I'm not a "worry" sort of guy, I dont keep cars very long but it would be cool to find the prior owner. Same for whoever buys my Jeep, I can give them lots of cool info on it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts