The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My (#12) car on order with Valenti Motors in Watertown, Ct. has just been assigned a November build date according to Bill Reudgen. Ordered the car last Nov. 10th
so it is scheduled for arrival in approx. 13 months after being ordered. Best move I ever made was deciding on going with Valenti last year. Anywhere else would have resulted in much later delivery for sure.:clap:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm temporarily doomed....

Wow, with Valenti just getting their 12+ delivered in December, I really hope to get mine before the model redesign. I really think I am being unreasonably pessimistic, but thems the feelings....

·
Registered
963 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but I was told my car would have a build date of two weeks ago. There's still no confirmation of that. :(

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I just got my deposit back from Valenti. I don't think they are getting many cars and that my expected July 2005 car would have been much later than that. Allocation matters!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last I had heard, Valenti was expected to receive 19 cars by year's end, or end January if it was affected by the one month 'additional' delay that was reported by 'English' in July. I had ordered the Ardent Red/Beige combo but then, after seeing ACP's photos of Saffron with black, I had to go with it. My 1970 Triumph Stag, the only 8Cyl that Triumph ever made, was in Saffron yellow with black interior, and I'll never forget the first day I took it out to NYC after a complete restoration that took a year to complete when i was near the UN and this guy wearing a turbin peeked out of a limo and asked me if the car was a Ferrari? I said no, it's a Triumph. He then proceeded to offer me $15,000 which was double my complete outlay of money concerning purchase and restoration of the car. I told him exactly what I would tell anyone who asks about purchasing my Elise. 'No way, man!' (A year later the car was crushed by a lunatic garbage truck driver and I'm hoping history won't repeat itself.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spoke to Bill at Valenti and he informed me that my car had a build date of October, but not to expect it until Christmas due to possible delivery delay. I found this a little upsetting as I am not driving it in the winter.

I was originally # 11 at Valenti and may have been moved to #10. Bill asked me to quell the rumor that he sold his car personally.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>I was originally # 11 at Valenti and may have been moved to #10. Bill asked me to quell the rumor that he sold his car personally.<<<

How is it a rumour? Among other people he personally told me face to face that he sold his own personal Elise to someone for 6 over list. Those were his own words and he seemed quite proud of it at the time. Either he lied to me about it, or he did in fact do this. Maybe his deal fell through and he wants to take the high road or something at this point? Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah, Bill told me the same thing about the sale of HIS car. What up with that?

Ridge,

I don't Valenti is going to get 19 by the end of the year. If you're #12 and are receiving it in Nov. then you have to be early Nov, like Nov 1st. Is that the feeling you got?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Yeah, Bill told me the same thing about the sale of HIS car. What up with that? <<<

Okay so Bill Reudgen is now asking folks to quell a rumour? This makes two people so far that were personally told this by Bill and there are more.

It's not a "rumour" that he made these claims. I'm glad I got my deposit out of there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was scheduled for an August build date and late September delivery. August is gone, still no word if it was ever built, dealership won't return my phone call. I was #15 at Maplecrest. That may have changed slightly since last year. At this point I can wait until spring...winter's coming! As long as they don't raise the price again.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
AH, someday we're all going to look back at this and laugh. In the mean time I need asprin to stop the headache I've given myself by beating my head against the wall.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I don't know anything concerning the 'sale' or 'no sale' of Bill's car and he didn't mention it in the recent communique I received from him concerning my build date. Contrary to what some members of this site believe, I haven't had any contact with Bill since the early summer. I will say that Bill originally believed that Valenti would get an average of about 30 - 36 cars every 12 months. Then when he mentioned the 'expected' amount of 19 by end of December, I figured that if you apply 3 cars per month after that, about 32 cars would be realized by May or June, continuing at an average of 3 per month to the end of the 12 month period covering July or August. The Nov. build date could be Nov. 1 or as late as the 30th. I have no exact idea as to what that translates to in delivery time but assumed it is around 4 to 5 weeks after the build date. Others may have more info on this 'after build date' time frame. P.S. - What I don't understand is how one would equate not wanting to deal with Valenti because he may or may not have sold his car and wants to keep the info private? All I know is that he didn't have to take me from #13 to #12 ...but he did.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Ridgeman - I am glad you are happy with Valenti, I have nothing against them. But I was # 13 at HRM, and am driving my car already:D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ivan1 said:
Ridgeman - I am glad you are happy with Valenti, I have nothing against them. But I was # 13 at HRM, and am driving my car already:D
At the time was about to order my car from Valenti, HRM would have had me so far down the list that I wouldn't have seen a car until mid to late next year. Mark had been accepting deposits at HRM way before Valenti would and that explains why his next available reservation was an extremely high number. Keep in mind, I didn't order a car until Nov 10th of last year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am in the same boat. When i called around to put a deposit on an elise I would have been #32 in westchester county and was #23 at valenti.

Of course this was before i had any clue about the dreaded ALLOCATION

I placed my deposit around xmas last year

I dont care at this point the summer is over my boat's coming out of the water next week and snow is coming soon.

:)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jac said:
I am in the same boat. When i called around to put a deposit on an elise I would have been #32 in westchester county and was #23 at valenti.

Of course this was before i had any clue about the dreaded ALLOCATION

I placed my deposit around xmas last year

I dont care at this point the summer is over my boat's coming out of the water next week and snow is coming soon.

:)
Even, in a worst case scenario, you will have realized delivery in no more than 15 - 16 months after placing your order. Compared to others, that is a very short waiting time. Be thankful you decided on Valenti in Dec.. There is no way you would have been better off at any other dealer. I researched all the waiting lists back in Nov. and Valenti was the lowest by far. What helped us was that when other dealers were accepting deposits years before the 'Fall of 04', Valenti wasn't. They weren't sure the car would ever come here and didn't want to hold deposits because of it. I believe their first accepted deposit was Oct. 04.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm glad you got that information from Valenti. This is all I got when I e-mailed them for information on 6/17/03:

Hi Michael,
My name is Benjamin. I'm the Internet Sales Manager here at
Valenti Motors in Watertown, CT. I've unfortunately not heard any more
detailed information from Lotus than you've read about. I only have the
European specs. I don't believe Lotus has settled on a final engine/drive
train configuration yet, much less colors and options. I can contact you
as I receive information if you'd like.

Thank you for your interest,
-Benjamin

At 07:32 PM 6/17/2003 -0400

It clearly states what you wrote in the previous thread (They weren't sure the car would ever come here and didn't want to hold deposits). Did I ever hear anything back from them? I'm still waiting for a response to this e-mail. I really see why you're so happy with Valenti. So, why did I go with them? I think Pink Floyd said it best - Momentary Lapse of Reason!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts