1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oooh, classy. And glassy!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
That's very nice but I'm not sure I want anyone seeing what's in my garage, especially given the toys I have.

San

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Way too clean! Looks like a museum (which it maybe). All that being said, very classy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What you need are electric blinds so you can decide when you want to hide your toys and when you want to show them. Hide them when the plumber comes by to fix a faucet because otherwise your bill will be twice what it otherwise would be, and show them when you want to impress your friends. That way you have the best of both worlds. On a serious note, that is a very sleet, clean and attractive garage.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Mine is a bit more “real work” goes on here type of garage.........

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
@Ryancampbell that looks amazing! Very clean.

@SergeLotus I totally understand what you mean. I refrain from opening my garage when someone is over the house doing some work. I know our cars aren't expensive, but to the average joe, it looks super expensive. I tend to try and negotiate with any contractors for a lower cost too haha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha! I know a bit too clean.... luckily I have been the contractor/plumber/electrician/Day laborer.... so I cut myself a pretty good deal.

·
7,594 Posts
Ha! I know a bit too clean.... luckily I have been the contractor/plumber/electrician/Day laborer.... so I cut myself a pretty good deal.
It really does look awesome. I'd want sharks with freakin' lasers guarding it at a minimum. My low-tech garage is at the other end of the spectrum.
IMG_1635.JPG

San

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It really does look awesome. I'd want sharks with freakin' lasers guarding it at a minimum. My low-tech garage is at the other end of the spectrum.
View attachment 1256050

San
Ha! Well i’ve got 150 pound Irish wolfhound that roams the house. Close enough!
P.S.I am a designer for Nissan and sit next to the guy that did the GTR and on my other side the designer that did GTR50. Cool car.

·
7,594 Posts
Ha! Well i’ve got 150 pound Irish wolfhound that roams the house. Close enough!
P.S.I am a designer for Nissan and sit next to the guy that did the GTR and on my other side the designer that did GTR50. Cool car.
Your dog is half as big as your Elise!

I had a C6 and then C7 Z51 and had toyed with the idea of a GT-R. I was having the oil changed on the C7 and they jacked up part of the underside/wheel well liner (all one piece) so I made them replace it (for the second time) and walked next door to the Nissan dealership. I knew they had a white one and decided to change it up, as my C6 and C7 were black. Traded in the C7 before they were even done fixing it, which only had 2000 miles and was one year old. It was a very nice car, but I was bored with it.

My GT-R is 31 months old and has less than 3K miles on it. It can be fairly civil, except for the ride, which is quite stiff, or really aggressive. It's a Nissan, but not really, if that makes sense. A lot of interesting technology in it. Tell your friend I like the GT-R. Mine is a 2017 Premium. If I take the polish off in the sun, I literally have to don sunglasses. The paint is blinding in the sun. My "watch" dog, because he's barely bigger than a watch.
IMG_1382.JPG

Total antithesis of my Exige S (old pic). I wish my little brother had lived to go for a ride in both.

Given a big enough garage, a loft, kitchen and area to watch TV, I wouldn't even need a house. A lift in the garage would be a nice touch.

San

·
Hickory, NC
984 Posts
Are the doors remote or do you get in and out to open and close the garage?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Your dog is half as big as your Elise!

I had a C6 and then C7 Z51 and had toyed with the idea of a GT-R. I was having the oil changed on the C7 and they jacked up part of the underside/wheel well liner (all one piece) so I made them replace it (for the second time) and walked next door to the Nissan dealership. I knew they had a white one and decided to change it up, as my C6 and C7 were black. Traded in the C7 before they were even done fixing it, which only had 2000 miles and was one year old. It was a very nice car, but I was bored with it.

My GT-R is 31 months old and has less than 3K miles on it. It can be fairly civil, except for the ride, which is quite stiff, or really aggressive. It's a Nissan, but not really, if that makes sense. A lot of interesting technology in it. Tell your friend I like the GT-R. Mine is a 2017 Premium. If I take the polish off in the sun, I literally have to don sunglasses. The paint is blinding in the sun. My "watch" dog, because he's barely bigger than a watch.
View attachment 1256052

Total antithesis of my Exige S (old pic). I wish my little brother had lived to go for a ride in both.
View attachment 1256053
View attachment 1256054

Given a big enough garage, a loft, kitchen and area to watch TV, I wouldn't even need a house. A lift in the garage would be a nice touch.

San
Gorgeous!

·
Registered
136 Posts
When shopping for an Elise I knew I didn't want a black exterior, nor stripes. So what did I buy? A black car with silver stripes, because it had all the options I wanted. I decided to embrace the concept, and purchased black/silver cabinetry in my garage, to match the car. Now the carpet matches the drapes, so to speak.

The picture below was taken just after I installed the cabinetry. I've since hung some car paraphernalia on the walls so it's less stark than in the picture. The lift, compressor, and other equipment that make this a garage, rather than just a show room, are out of view. My goal was a garage that looked like hospital operating room, where real work happens, but in a clean environment. Nobody wants to have their appendix removed in an operating room that has blood splattered on the walls, and I don't want to work on my car in a garage that has grease splattered everywhere. I like to treat my car and my tools the way a surgeon is supposed to treat his patients and his scalpels, with respect. :) Some like their garages to look like a space where real work happens, and recoil at the idea of a pristine garage. I get that. I simply like clean. That's not a value statement; it's just what I personally happen to prefer.

IMG_2479.JPG

1 - 20 of 24 Posts