The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is stunning. With 350 hp and that exterior for $50k I may have found my next daily driver. :drool:

Ben

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Car is stunning. With 350 hp and that exterior for $50k I may have found my next daily driver. :drool:

Ben
There's a black on black one that just appeared in my neighborhood. It's really beautiful for a big sedan. Of course, after three years in an Elise, everything looks big! I like the little flipped-up spoiler on the back. Quattro, 0-60 in 4.8, .91g on the skidpad...not bad! :clap:

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I drove one on a short auto-x course during an Audi event at Cali speedway. Its definitely got some oomph in the engine bay.,..

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I drove one on a short auto-x course during an Audi event at Cali speedway. Its definitely got some oomph in the engine bay.,..
Is your omission of the description of the handling supposed to be telling?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

Ben
I gave it "daily driver of the year" at the Washington Auto Show over the new M3 and 335i this year. Loved it in white.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I frequently see someone driving one on my way to work in the morning. The LED aux lights are very nice. I can recognize his A5 coming about two hundreds of yards away.

The regular A5 runs for about $40K+ but I'm not sure if the 260 something hp V6 has enough power for the A5's weight.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Is your omission of the description of the handling supposed to be telling?
The Audi guys only let us do 2 laps on a short portion of Cali Speedway and we had to follow a professional driver. It definitely has a lot of power, but understeers like a Costco shopping cart which is typical of Audi's. If you want to try one out, see if an Audi event is coming to a track near you. One of the more interesting rides was driving a Q7 (SUV) on another auto-x course they had setup rotfl. Out of all the cars i tested, the A3 seemed to be the most nimble probably because its the smallest/lightest of the cars i drove: S5, RS4, Q7, A8, A3

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/experience/Audi_Driving_Experience/ADE_US.html

Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, CA

July 1, 7, 18 (A4 focus)

Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL

July 21 – 24

New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, NH

July 29 – 31

Summit Point Motorsports Park, Summit Point, WV

Aug 7 – 13

Pocono Raceway, Pocono, PA

Aug 19 – 22

Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA

Sept 4 – 10

Homestead Miami Speedway Homestead, FL

Sept 7 – 22

Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth, TX

Oct 8 – 14

Auto Club Speedway of Southern California, Fontana, CA

Nov 5 - 10

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a black on black one that just appeared in my neighborhood. It's really beautiful for a big sedan. Of course, after three years in an Elise, everything looks big! I like the little flipped-up spoiler on the back. Quattro, 0-60 in 4.8, .91g on the skidpad...not bad! :clap:

Tom
Tom,

Funny its considered a "big car" by some! This one I saw was graphite with red interior with 19" wheels. May sound pimpish but its definitely not wimpy.

Ben

·
Registered
135 Posts
I too thought it worked well in person. I've seen several in Europe, and caught one for the first time in the States a few weeks back. While I'm a hardened BMW enthusiast, Audi has really taken great strides in design over the past decade or so. IMO they make the best interiors, and some of their exterior designs are quite striking.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Hmmmm..... VW Dna ? Looks like a Passat. :shrug:

·
Registered
109 Posts

Ben
Yep, gotta agree. I saw one last week in person and my jaw dropped. Looks stunning in person. I am still a BMW fan but have to give a lot of credit to Audi.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Here's a S5 at the tuner GMG's display at Long Beach Grand Prix. I think it had some cosmetic mods to it and any engine mods were labeled "coming"

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Honestly, if the lease hadn't been so ridiculous, I was going to pick one up. Instead, I got a 335i - which of course now has more hp than the S5. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
What were you quotted for a lease?

I was told over $900 a month for a loaded one with the top tier credit 3 yrs/12k miles per year. I come from buy/finance side but that sounded ludacris.

Honestly, if the lease hadn't been so ridiculous, I was going to pick one up. Instead, I got a 335i - which of course now has more hp than the S5. :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Yeah...i thinkthat could have been worked down to around $600 to $700 a month for 36 months (ball park guess here).

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
What were you quotted for a lease?

I was told over $900 a month for a loaded one with the top tier credit 3 yrs/12k miles per year. I come from buy/finance side but that sounded ludacris.
Yep, that's what I got and I was like :eek:! From a lease perspective, that made no sense at all for a $50K car. Hell, my dad pays like $1150 for his 750iL lease and that's an $84K car. I can tell you my 335i, which is close in price is nowhere near that on a lease.

And, Allan that could not be negotiated down from there. I told them that there was no way I was throwing down $5K and paying that kind of jack. They were willing to eat the down, but that only goes so far. My buddy's the service manager there and he pretty much told me that Audi's not on par with BMW as to how they run their leasing program. But, he also said they're working on it.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I too thought it worked well in person. I've seen several in Europe, and caught one for the first time in the States a few weeks back. While I'm a hardened BMW enthusiast, Audi has really taken great strides in design over the past decade or so. IMO they make the best interiors, and some of their exterior designs are quite striking.

+1 on being a BMW enthusiast that appreciates Audi (hence my user handle!)

I am not a fan of AWD anything, though. Not even if it's an R8 or Porsche Turbo.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts