The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand New. 100 bucks. Im using the stock exhaust right now and its my daily driver so i dont want to have my ears ringing with a loud exhaust so i couldnt resist. I need something to compete even a little bit with the rediculous whine from the suercharger :evil:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Most people can't give those things away. I have two of them taking up space in my garage. I'd probably have to PAY someone to take them off my hands.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stage 1 isnt stock... Its made by CLF the same company that made the first batch of stage II's.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Most people can't give those things away. I have two of them taking up space in my garage. I'd probably have to PAY someone to take them off my hands.

Hrmm if it's really a stage 1 and not stock PM me how much you want to send me to take one off your hands :D

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

As mentioned above, Stage I is not stock...

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
As mentioned above, Stage I is not stock...
I bought a stage 1 for my fathers Elise a while back and it barely sounded any different than stock, really could not tell the difference. I found someone who thought their stage 2 was too loud and wanted a stock sounding car to buy it.

I think the stage one is slightly lighter though

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:( anyone else? The guy said he got it from fox valley has sold stage 1's before i just searched. Anyone have a picture of a stage 1? This would be a really big buzzkill if its a stock exhuast the last thing i want is 2 stock exhausts and 100 bucks in the hole...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
:( anyone else? The guy said he got it from fox valley has sold stage 1's before i just searched. Anyone have a picture of a stage 1? This would be a really big buzzkill if its a stock exhuast the last thing i want is 2 stock exhausts and 100 bucks in the hole...
If it is a stock exhaust, you shouldn't pay the guy. He advertised it as a stage I. Sorry I can't help you figure out if it is a stage 1 or stock though.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New thread title : Ebay Help!

No way! :crazyeyes I'm new to paypal and ebay what am i supposed to do? I just clicked on asked the seller the question and explained the situation.... Dammittt

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I saw that auction and thought the guy just got mixed up thinking that "there is a stage II exhaust so the stock exhaust must be stage I." The tips are wrong for the stage I. Those are stock tips. I think you just bought a stocker for $100.00. Go with Ian's suggestion above.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
New thread title : Ebay Help!

No way! :crazyeyes I'm new to paypal and ebay what am i supposed to do? I just clicked on asked the seller the question and explained the situation.... Dammittt
That's where you start. See what he says. Maybe he just had the tips changed? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already payed it was like the first thing I did? I thought i would get a bad rating if i didnt pay ASAP.... I am so pissseddd

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Yep, that bad boy's a stocker. I would argue that the exhaust was improperly advertised as Stage 1 as opposed to stock. The guy should really take the next in line unless you waaay overbid him. FWIW, CLF made (makes?) the stock exhausts, too.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Very simple, when you receive it, go to paypal.com and file a dispute and immediately make it rise to a claim and paypal will make you ship it back and you recieve your money back. Tell the seller to give you a shipping label. PM me if you need more help I am an ebay EXPERT:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts