The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05' Elise original owner......and what I've replaced:

*I have replaced the rear tires twice,(about 22K)
each rear tire had to be PLATCHED (plug/patch)once.....F-in nails
*1 front tire patch (still holding) F-in nails
*The spark plugs once (30K)
*Air filter once (30K)
*Oil and filter every 5K (MOBIL 1)
*Brake and Clutch fluid once.
*Had A/C problem repaired by dealer, in the first few months of ownership.
I've made 6 trips from N.J. to FLA. in a 4-month period.(1000 miles/14.5 hrs....THANKS Valentine ONE). Depart 4AM Arrived Amelia Island Fl 6:30PM
Other then that, some small tighting of this or that. I feel this is a very reliable, and low maintance car. I'm thankful I haven't had some of the problems I've read about here, from other members.
I plan on brake and clutch fluid replacement...a transmission oil replacement.. and inspection of the brakes and suspension parts. I do most of the work myself so I know whats been done and who done it.
I would like to say THANKS to all of YOU who posted such GREAT info and pictures, explaining how to do most of the maintance or repairs on the car. All of that INFO came in very handy.
THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
571 Posts
I love Amelia Island! I'd lake to make a similar trip there in my 05 some day. How did your body hold up driving 14 hours in an Elise? My back was bothering me after 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...congratulations!..it only gets better from here...:cool:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very encouraging! I too, am a daily driver and looking forward to a long relationship. Congrats!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Awesome mate!! :bow:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
sounds like you're getting your money's worth.
it is a fun car to drive, even when not running it hard.
i wonder what your air filter looks like.....
yes, it is a pain, but it is in a poor location for air intake. (sucks lots up from the road)
good luck,
sam

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No brakes pads ...but I'm getting ready to change them out. When I did change the air filter it was dirty and had some leaves and stuff stuck in it. I'm more amazed at the front tires.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am at 5900..... lol. granted I just got it and it had 4700 at the time. the 1200 was in the last week alone. 50,000 here I come.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just under 20,000 miles. Second owner. It's a keeper. Waiting for that one person who will post the "just reached 100,000 miles" thread. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts