The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just came home with my new 2007 Elise Phantom Black. I realized that my dealer only gave me one keyfob, so I called them and they will be sending it to me.

When I was at the dealer picking up the car, I asked about the softtop bag, but the sales person told me that the softtops do not come with a storage bag. It that true?

Am I missing anything else?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Mine came with a bag. Not really that big of a deal as the bag is almost too small to get the bulky top inside. I never use the bag.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
There's a small can of fix-a-flat in the trunk on the right side under the top.

Buy a new one at an auto parts store, wrap it in foam and keep it in your trunk. The one that comes with the car is not so good.

You should have a tool kit with a lug nut wrench and a front tow hook.

Read the manual, it helps alot.

Drive SLOWLY and sideways in and out of driveways!!!!!

Keep a rag under your passenger seat to wipe down the window if you need to.

Think about getting a car cover!

Have fun!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Mine came with 2 key fobs, soft top bag, front license plate bracket, tool kit, can of fix-a-flat, manual, box of radio parts.....oh, and a gift basket.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Mine came with 2 key fobs, soft top bag, front license plate bracket, tool kit, can of fix-a-flat, manual, box of radio parts.....oh, and a gift basket.
I didn't get the gift basket rotfl
But I got all the other stuff!

polojcp,

If you also got the hard top, there's a bag for that, too.

Tom

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine came with a bag. Not really that big of a deal as the bag is almost too small to get the bulky top inside. I never use the bag.
+1. The only time I use the soft top storage bag is over the winter. One would do just as well in that instance rolling the soft top in a towel. As far as daily carrying the soft top in the boot, I just sort of roll it up loosely with the 2 plastic ribs inside it, and place it diagonally in the boot so that it doesn't roll around. It's fine.

The soft top storage bag is very thin canvas - you could probably use one from one of those folding chairs that people use for camping (if you really thought you needed one). :shrug:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Make sure you got a small business card sized card that has your key fob pin number. You need that to order new fobs, if you ever need to.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yep, my softtop came with a bag... + two key fobs, the velcroed things for the hardtop, etc.

Are you in Upland, CA? There are a few other Lotuses in the IE. I'm in the IE half the time so if you see laser-blue, that's me!

Congrats on your new car!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Make sure you got a small business card sized card that has your key fob pin number. You need that to order new fobs, if you ever need to.
You may also need that to turn off the alarm and start your car if your key fob fails. Do make sure you get the card, or at least, the code. You should carry it with you at all times. The card also has the instructions on how to use it, which you will never remember. It's tricky even with the instructions.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Make sure they gave you the PIN for your car and if they didn't, hound them until they give it to you. You absolutely have to have the PIN in case you lose the fobs or if the alarm refuses to recognize them and the alarm is set. The PIN is not necessary to purchase new fobs though. Any Cobra 7777 fob will work with our cars once the alarm is programmed to identify it, but you can't can't program your alarm to identify a new fob without the PIN. Store the PIN in a safe place with the other paperwork for your car. It is also a good idea to write down your PIN and hide it somewhere on your car where only you know where it is and you can gain access to it in an emergency.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all so much for the great reply!

I did receive the bag for my hardtop, but not the bag for the soft top. I will call my sales about the soft top bag again.

I did receive the PIN number, they wrote it down on the Maintenance record booklet.

Now I just have to wait until the weather gets better in LA to take the new car out for some bonding time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts