The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
and personally i’d prefer turbo over NA/SC anyway.
I would go in the direction that helps achieve your goals. If you like NA power do that, if you like SC do that, if you like turbo do that. Whatever form of power delivery you like, just stick to that. I'm a turbo guy, grew up with Japanese muscle, that is what I have come to love. When I bought my Lotus it had a VF2 SC kit, it was OK for a little while but it wasn't for me. I got lucky and purchased a used turbo kit that was a heavily modified ForceFed kit and I have even modified it more to suite my tastes. I love the setup I have now much more than with the SC kit.

The downside to doing a k-swap is that there isn't an off the shelf turbo kit that I know of for it and would have to be a custom solution. This was one of my main reasons for sticking with the 2zz.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Define off the shelf... The only thing I didn't get off the shelf for mine was the down pipe and dump tube. Both cost me 200 all together to have fabbed.
A full kit. For me a full enough kit that doesn't require me to trailer the car somewhere to have something fabbed. I had to do some fab work with mine but didn't have to take the car anywhere.
What kit did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts