The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im considering pulling the trigger on a buddies built k24 setup that comes complete with motor, rsx trans, wiring and ecu. I was checking out innovatives mount kit a d with everything included (wiring, misc fittings, mounts, axles) it comes to around 1900. However i cant seem to find any completed swaps utilizing this kit. Can i get some insight on this kit or a similar priced kit?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
There are at least 2 or 3 completed on that kit. A few in process.

The swap will cost a lot more than that though.

Custom PNP harness, dash adapter alone are around $1000-1100. If you want to hack into your harness DIY and are good with wiring its around 700.

Mounts, petal (if 06+), transmission linkage, axles, misc lines all add up to (I'm guessing) another $1500.

Exhaust header at this point is custom along with the exhaust so that is somewhere between $1000 and $2500 likely depending upon how you go about it and the quality.

Hondata kpro is about $1000. A typical good tune is about $500. I thought you mentioned you are local and if you are just to tune a local Elise/Exige I would do it super duper cheap just cause. But if not budget for a good tune.

Then there is all the misc stuff a lot of people will want to do at the same time. Oil cooler, limited slip, catch cans, intake pipe/filter, any additional engine modifications (cams, intake manifold, throttle body, etc).

Moral of the story.. don't just think "oh I have this engine and transmission available for cheap", because while it is certainly an expensive part of the swap it is not the only part. The swap will add up quickly.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh im well aware of the process, i just finished putting an ls1 turbo in my350z. Could you give me some details on the harness and dash adaptor? Buddy of mine works for chasebays and said hed help. Also, what shift linkage did you use? I didnt see a shift linkage option on the innovative site, but i did see the pedal and throttle cable. Im pretty local in greenfield so if you have time, id like to meet up and see what im in for

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have a build thread but i have a ton of pictures lol. to date i believe i am the only wire tucked, single rear mounted ls swapped z, i believe. all im awaiting now is 1 sensor, 2 fittings, reassemble the headlights and a tune. shooting for mid 800's

the ls1 assembled an ready to roll

with some fat tires. 315/30/19 hoosier r6 out back and 295/30/19 pirelli p zeros up front

and of course with the lotus

·
Registered
334 Posts
Logan from Chase Bays was going to help me with my kit. I had to postpone my k swap since I just bought a house though =/

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^yea me and logan are good friends, he no longer works at chase bays, hes with another shop now. he told me my best bet was to either have somebody who has the wiring replicate theirs, or get the lotus hondata converter box

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
^yea me and logan are good friends, he no longer works at chase bays, hes with another shop now. he told me my best bet was to either have somebody who has the wiring replicate theirs, or get the lotus hondata converter box
iirc WhatsADSM really know his stuff especially when coming to the electronics of the k swap... check his link posted above & i bet you will gather some really good info as far as that part goes

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts