The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://thenewspaper.com/news/23/2302.asp

The best part:

The most revenue, however, will be generated from the fees imposed on twenty vehicles that were confiscated. Despite labeling the parking lot raid as taking place at a "street racing venue," Riverside Police offered no evidence that any street racing actually took place.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have no words for this story. I don't know if sheriffs in California are elected but if they are the sheriff’s should be voted out. How can the community condone this type of behavior by law enforcement? If I where a lawyer I would take this case to the Supreme Court. People should be able to modify their cars if they want and gather if they want. What the hell is going on over there? Are they taking crazy pills?

Well the people of California voted the lawmakers in that created these laws. So it their own dam fault.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I have no words for this story. I don't know if sheriffs in California are elected but if they are the sheriff’s should be voted out. How can the community condone this type of behavior by law enforcement?
The general population will put up with a lot of really incredible abuses by government (city, state, federal) as long as they feel it doesn't affect them. :shrug:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Infuriating.
I like the kid in the second article that put $22K into his $600 civic.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
lol, i was the one who tipped off the editors at thenewspaper.com regarding this bust :p

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
This is a sign for things to come.

This is so sad. This is a total abuse of authority.

How can you fine people for street racing without any form of actual illegal activity?

Why not impound every single exotic. Why do you need a fast car? Why do you need all that power? Because you race! Think about it.... soon enough.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Pure genius, now he only has to pay insurance on a $600 car :clap:

rotfl
Yep, and then when it gets stolen or wrecked he'll be pissed about the loss settlement if he didn't add coverage for Additional Custom Parts and Equipment.

BTW, IMO skid marks in a parking lot do not a street race make. For instance, how long have they been there?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Well the people of California voted the lawmakers in that created these laws. So it their own dam fault.
You know that's a statement full of holes - there are simply many things outside of the control of what the constituency wants. Take example Virginia. There wasn't one person who didn't think the new speeding fines were overzealous and ridiculous. Yet it still took nearly a year to have it overturned.

J, who has been a resident of both states.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
When will Cars'N'Coffee get busted? LOL
Never because at least 1/2 of the participants have 9-11 Foundation License Plate Frames....:cool:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
BTW, IMO skid marks in a parking lot do not a street race make. For instance, how long have they been there?
ahhhhhhhh, skid marks in the parking lot............now it makes sense, i assumed they were doing a dirty underwear check, and just figured those wacky kalifornians.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You know that's a statement full of holes - there are simply many things outside of the control of what the constituency wants. Take example Virginia. There wasn't one person who didn't think the new speeding fines were overzealous and ridiculous. Yet it still took nearly a year to have it overturned.

J, who has been a resident of both states.

Yes you are correct but look at what happened in VA. A shoe in Republican George Allen was defeated by an unknown Dem Tim Kaine. The people spoke and believe me the abusive drivers fines had a huge role in the election. I raise money for republicans for a LIVING. 3 of my 4 clients where defeated last election and I blame a part of their defeat on the driver fees they put in place. It was a huge issue and the press hammered them on it as they should have. It was stupid and I did not agree with it as I don’t agree with many things republicans have done but I still take a side.

My Point is that if things get that out of control that the people will rise up and vote the power that be out. This happened in VA. And the abusive drivers fee where a major part of what happened.

Cali drivers vote them out !!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts