The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off, the event is Saturday September 18th and has been discussed in another thread, or see http://www.kcrpca.org/default.asp?TOPIC_ID=318
for more info.

I need to know who is coming and what car they are bringing. We've got room for at least 2 cars and at most 5.

I am still searching for an Ardent Red / Biscuit / Touring / Sport-LSS car to acquire to bring to the event. If this is what you ordered and it will be in before Sept 18th and you no longer want the car, LET ME KNOW ASAP!

Please list the following:

Name:
Car Color:
How best to contact you: (Email, PM, phone, etc.)
Do you have any items you can donate for the charity auction? :(Yes/No)

Thanks in advance!

(PS. for those who are about to respond that The Collection in Miami has this car as a demo, I've already talked to them and they are not interested in selling the demo or swapping it for another customer car that comes in, but they are supposed to be contacting Lotus to let me know if they can get another car configured this way.)

Again, thanks in advance!

PPS. For those who simply want to attend without bringing a car, the event is open to the public.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
How many KC members do we have on this site? I was surprised that there was one other Omaha member here.

I'm an instructor out at Mid-America Motorplex, and will be setting up some track time for Elise members next spring for sure. We have club nights during the week, and I can most likely get non-members of the track on there rather inexpensively.

Looking forward to meeting some of you fellow midwesterners. ;)

btw ... oddly enough, i was planning on "L8R APEX" for my license plate. :eek:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I know there are at least 3 of us (laterapex and darksol) in KC 'area' with me being out in Topeka.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
:cool:

not to get TOO off-topic, but when are your guys' cars set to arrive?

Seeing as how I ordered LSS, and from Autostrada in Austin, mine could be anytime from September until March. Not sure what I'm going to do if it arrives in the middle of winter. :(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car arrives whenever someone emails/pm's me that their car is in at some dealer and they don't want it. Could be tomorrow, could be never, as some would say - I'm DOOMED! :(

I was at MAM for the GPR Club Race last month, pics on the www.kcrpca.org website...

I know there are some others coming in from out of town for the SCCA events in September, like Randy, I just don't know who is staying and coming to the KS Speedway event.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I am definitely going to be in Topeka, probably flying in on the night of the 9th. If possible, I really want to do the Friday track day for sure. My only question is that I am not sure my car will be there in time.

I am trying to arrange a transport for it, which should not be a problem... but it is possible that the car will arrive SOMETIME on Friday. It is also possible it will arrive late Thursday. If it arrives Thursday, I am all over Heartland Park. Friday? The question would be when?

Yikes... how much time do I have to decide/find out?

P.S. I am flying back on the morning of the 18th.

Any longer stay (and this is pushing it) and I will have to move out. :p

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
ace3 said:

I hear rumors of my car coming into port.. tomorrow.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
jml1952 said:
Have we decided which port they actually use??
I gave up. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy Chase said:
I am definitely going to be in Topeka, probably flying in on the night of the 9th. If possible, I really want to do the Friday track day for sure. My only question is that I am not sure my car will be there in time.

I am trying to arrange a transport for it, which should not be a problem... but it is possible that the car will arrive SOMETIME on Friday. It is also possible it will arrive late Thursday. If it arrives Thursday, I am all over Heartland Park. Friday? The question would be when?

Yikes... how much time do I have to decide/find out?

P.S. I am flying back on the morning of the 18th.

Any longer stay (and this is pushing it) and I will have to move out. :p
Randy,

What you need to do then is download the PDF file in our Downloads section for the Drivers Ed event at Heartland Park and fill it out and mail it in with payment for 1day (Friday). You'll also need to fill out the Tech Inspection form before Friday morning.

Why a car carrier? Just drive it out to Topeka,that way it will be good and broken in by then. :)

Sounds like you can't make the KS Speedway event, but if you do ship your car, you could let me drive your car from Topeka to KC and show it at that event, then drop it off at the shippers and have it sent back to you.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ace3 said:

Seeing as how I ordered LSS, and from Autostrada in Austin, mine could be anytime from September until March. Not sure what I'm going to do if it arrives in the middle of winter. :(

Dec deliver in St Louis for me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm sounds like Randy can do the first day of the DE,but not the KS Speedway charity event for BBBS. Sounds like Babak won't have a car, same for Ace3. Not sure if Wallabyguy will have his car yet or not with the color delay so we may be looking at ZERO Elise's for the charity event if I can't score one... still waiting on some possibilities though...

Hopefully Lotus sends that detailed car delivery update out on July 31st to all the dealers...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts