The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aug 12th(Weds) Kart Track Day @ Cal Speedway $135 all day

As some of you may know I recently started working for SSC Racing. We run the Rotax Max Challenge here in the US(RMAX Challenge - RmaxChallenge.com). I have the ability to put together an all day track day with our demo fleet @ Cal Speedway's Kart Track. I know back in 2005 a group on Socalevo.net did a shifter kart day and everyone had a blast. So I figured let see if people would like to get out in some karts.

In order to make this happen I need a minimum of 5 guys. We can do Wednesdays or Fridays. If there is enough demand we can do it on Saturday or Sunday.

Our Karts:
Rotax 125cc 30hp
Single speed
CRG Chassis
Top speed 100

Cost: $135 all day, includes kart rental, gas, oil, suite, helmet, and a full serving of fun.

1.Surf_lotus- Weds,Fri,Sat,Sun

******First Offical Date Set Weds Aug 12th from 9-5pm********

I have 5 spots available, so it is first come until full. I will need a non refundable $95 up front(i have no problem with you selling your spot if you can not make it). You will pay the balance of $40 at the track on the 12th.
I am going contact the people on this post that said they had Weds free. So if you did not list Weds but you can make it work, pm me or call me @ 760 864 1320 X 209

Call 760 864 1320 x 209 to make a payment to reserve your spot.

I will post of the spots as they fill.

I am going to set up a weekend date toward the end of Aug or Sept with a bigger group. Weekends are hard b/c I am competing with other track days and track series.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Wednesdays or Fridays, and I have at least 5 people ready to go whenever, just need one or two weeks heads up :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Definitely interested. I can make any day work with a bit of advance notice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is this noob friendly? I am interested and have a couple of buddies too that might be but we have never driven this type of kart before? It is single speed? so no shifting right?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I would be interested. We have a fairly regular group that karts indoors here. We could coordinate a future event after this demo day. Does the track have lights and would it be available at night?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will check on the lights. If you guys enjoy the open track day there is a series that is run at Cal Speed and one at Willow Springs. You could buy your own kart, lease to own one, or rent one for the races.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Is this noob friendly? I am interested and have a couple of buddies too that might be but we have never driven this type of kart before? It is single speed? so no shifting right?

Rotax Max karts have a centrigugal clutch (no shifting). They are TAG (touch and go) - they have an on-board starter so you don't need an assist to get started. They're also very quick - not as quick as a shifter kart but for a newbie especially, they're more than enough (30 hp is a lot for a kart!!!) and a really good way to get into karting :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm interested depending on the schedule.

I'm on travel starting last weekend of August for a couple of weeks.

On a weekend I could bring a group of 5 (more if you are open to guys bringing their own karts). Weekdays I'm in for 2 - 3 guys with a few days notice.

Regards,
Ron

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
oh wow, thanx for the heads up Jacob...wednesdays or fridays works for me as well, just need at least 1 week advanced notice on the date

see you guys there!

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
Is this in irwindale?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would love to join too, but it will depend on the date. Weekends definitely work best for me.

Can I bring my own Rotax Kart?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Bump to highlight the first set date - Wed August 12

I can't do this date unfortunately but am still very interested

1 - 20 of 21 Posts