The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
can't do it Saturday. Maybe Sunday 1030-11...

·
Registered
277 Posts
can't do it Saturday. Maybe Sunday 1030-11...
Everytime I've gone there on the weekend, I had to wait at least 1.5 hours :crazyeyes. Might be hard to squeeze it into that schedule.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just make sure you check your helmet. My 15yr old son went over there with some friends a couple of weeks ago. One of his friends crashed into the barriers and his helmet flew off and made a mess of his face. The visor sliced through his eyelid, and he ended up with 30+ stitches in his face and a very black eye. From what my son said none of the staff checked whether they were wearing harnesses or whether their helmets were secured, before they started the race. Both his parents are lawyers :eek:

After learning of the above accident my 11 yr old son told me that during his birthday party at MB2 in December, he forgot to strap himself in and none of the staff picked up on it. Fortunately he had the sense to stop after 1 lap and strap himself in.

If they don't improve their safety checks, they won't be in business much longer.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Great idea for a kart day, been a while...but hard to find anything worthy that is indoor after Kart Factory shut down. I can't stand K1 or any of the electric kart places - but that's just me :)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Great idea for a kart day, been a while...but hard to find anything worthy that is indoor after Kart Factory shut down. I can't stand K1 or any of the electric kart places - but that's just me :)
anytime you want to go to dromo1 give me a call :)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
DROMO SUCKS!

Rachel, I wish I could go. I've been jonesin for some karting, but I'm heading up North to join the GGLC for a kart day this weekend.

cheers,
Jacob

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I'll could be up for some karting!

Yeah, I've been to other karting places and they always tell me to wear a bigger helmet than what I know fits (if I don't have my helmet). I always ignore them. I've seen several helmets go flying.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
So, what's the word?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts