1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
274 Posts
karting for me can be summed up in the following equation... 220lbs + 9hp = last place. but if some other people are down to go i can maybe talk Jenson and Collin into going also. they do inverted starts right? i can make those things awful wide.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sounds good to me but my boss just flew so i need to make sure i don't have to work late with him tonight.
if i can't make it tonight next week i'm in!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I was about 40 lbs heavier than Trieu and I was lapping faster than he was the last time we were there. 220lbs just makes you stick better in the corners!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm a little late discovering this thread--maybe next week with some more lead time to plan on it. Looks like fun.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it was just me last night. As in, JUST me.

The King of the Hill race league (about 10 folks) did their qualifying sessions (2 sessions of 10 laps each) and then their race (20 laps). They got a late start and finished around 8:30.

Since I was the only one there who wanted to run after the race it turned into an 'arrive and drive' session. I guess the employees run the track each night as the day ends so I was running with the employees.

I got three sessions ($63.10 with tax) and had a blast. Best lap of the night for me (down to 190 lbs!): 58.139. Best lap of the night for the employees (dude who weighs 140 lbs after a big meal): 58.127.

The race league was into the 57s consistently with the leader pulling a consistent 55/56 and a best lap of 55.3. He's about 150 lbs and a GREAT driver.

There will be a new King of the Hill league starting in two weeks. If I can get my times down into the low 58s/high 57s consistently, then I could potentially race in that league.

So here is my plan: Show up each Tuesday in time to watch the race. If there is a Clubman Sport race, race in it. If there isn't do 3 sessions of arrive and drive. Generally it should start up around 8:10 to 8:30 each Tuesday.

Considering that the $63 bucks covers everything, this is pretty cheap driving. Arrive and Drive is $26 (first session), $20 (second session), $10 (third session).

We definitely need to get a Lotus crowd out there. This is was too much fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts