The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I haven't been here for a long time. Back in the day, I was a troll from newcelica.org, but I also helped forum members here to contact PPE make the Lotus PPE race header. Now, while still in school, I moved onto a 2ZZ-GE + 6 speed swapped Toyota MR2 Spyder, with a Katana/Greddy supercharger kit on the side I would like to install. Here's my question. Is there any way to get this intercooler conversion kit from any party still ?

Here's another link with Vision Function mentioning what needs to be changed (interested in the BOLDED items): Vision Function: Free Stage II Upgrade
lt0302 said:

what comes in the katana upgrade kit......i am interested
Everything to convert your Katana kit to a VF KIT.

Supercharger Nose Conversion
550cc Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
New Inlet & Outlet Casting
Intake Manifold
CharlieX Reflashed ECU
All Hardware need for the conversion

If you guys can point me to the right direction, that would be great! Right now, without an intercooler, my plan is to run a 3.1" pulley on a very conservative 93 octane tune, and then run a better tune on E85 through flexfuel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are you going to be using an air to air intercooler? The intercooler placement in the VF kit for the Lotus was less than ideal and really didn't work well in my experience. If you have a bolt on solution with the Greddy kit for you car non-intercooled, I would just stick with that and run E85 all the time if you can. In addition, you could also inject pre-blower like with the DRS kit. They made around 300whp non-intercooled at 9-10psi with the MP62. With a really good intercooler solution you could probably get a touch more than that but the blower is pretty taxed at that air flow rate anyway.

This doesn't answer your question but might give you some perspective.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you going to be using an air to air intercooler? The intercooler placement in the VF kit for the Lotus was less than ideal and really didn't work well in my experience. If you have a bolt on solution with the Greddy kit for you car non-intercooled, I would just stick with that and run E85 all the time if you can. In addition, you could also inject pre-blower like with the DRS kit. They made around 300whp non-intercooled at 9-10psi with the MP62. With a really good intercooler solution you could probably get a touch more than that but the blower is pretty taxed at that air flow rate anyway.

This doesn't answer your question but might give you some perspective.
Yes, I was planning on getting a side mount intercooler, facing the vents to the duct, and relocating the battery to the front. Good to know. There’s a guy in Greece that’s able to source the parts I need. Thank you for your reply though! My goal is 255 whp or so if I go non-intercooled. I think between a 3” intake, a ported blower by John bond, a pocket port of the head, all my MWR pulleys, and my PPE + decat exhaust system, I may get close with e85.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have a whole setup that makes 265 wheel on race gas 250 pump gas, plug and play just need to add intercooler..... (stock SC + torque 300 package)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello

I haven't been here for a long time. Back in the day, I was a troll from newcelica.org, but I also helped forum members here to contact PPE make the Lotus PPE race header. Now, while still in school, I moved onto a 2ZZ-GE + 6 speed swapped Toyota MR2 Spyder, with a Katana/Greddy supercharger kit on the side I would like to install. Here's my question. Is there any way to get this intercooler conversion kit from any party still ?

Here's another link with Vision Function mentioning what needs to be changed (interested in the BOLDED items): Vision Function: Free Stage II Upgrade

Everything to convert your Katana kit to a VF KIT.

Supercharger Nose Conversion
550cc Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
New Inlet & Outlet Casting
Intake Manifold
CharlieX Reflashed ECU
All Hardware need for the conversion

If you guys can point me to the right direction, that would be great! Right now, without an intercooler, my plan is to run a 3.1" pulley on a very conservative 93 octane tune, and then run a better tune on E85 through flexfuel.
The Greddy kit fits like a glove. That being said, nothing else fits without cutting the firewall on a spyder. I tried the BOE kit, and the factory Exige intercooler plenum. I was not however able to try the VF kit, though it looks like a somewhat smaller package then the factory Exige pieces, I doubt it fits without cutting.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, Katana 2+ , PPE headers,decat,Sonicfury Exhaust + tons of mods
56 Posts
Didn't VF go out of business ? I remember they stopped selling their SC kits and now no website. Wish they were still around as I also would like to upgrade my katana 265 tune with a intercooler & smaller pulley for more power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts