The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for my Katana Elise to run really rough until it is warmed up to ~160 degrees? When I first start the car, it will start right up, but when I touch the gas it wants to bog down. I have to really rev it up to keep the car from stalling until it is warmed up. Idling is fine, this is only when I'm pressing the gas. After it is warmed up, it drives very nice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yep, mine does that too. Idle is fine, even when it's bone cold, but the off-idle throttle response is awful until it's completely warm.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hmmm, My Elise did that when it was NA and actually idles better now with the Katana blower!
Mine idles better, too. This is about throttle response.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, My Elise did that when it was NA and actually idles better now with the Katana blower!
Read my post. I said that my car idles awesome. It just really bogs when I touch the gas from a stop. I have to rev it way up then let out the clutch, otherwise it wants stall. My car also did this when NA, but it is much worse now.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Read my post. I said that my car idles awesome. It just really bogs when I touch the gas from a stop. I have to rev it way up then let out the clutch, otherwise it wants stall. My car also did this when NA, but it is much worse now.
I did read your post I just didn't word it properly, I always let my car warm up so, I have not experienced that before!
NZ

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:popcorn:

has any one spoken to Charlie? id bet he has a fix already.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
When just starting up my car it used to bog down when I touched the gas. Haven't tried lately but right after the S/C install it stopped doing that and revved smoothly. I'll have to try again now with the S/C installed. I have the other kit though.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
From the two cars I have seen with the Katana....they are doing the exact same thing. Must be an issue.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
let me be very clear on this. It only happans for a few seconds when you start it from cold. I would say about 1 min. The car is undrivable for that minute. then it gets progressivly better till it warms up. It is fine after that. No big deal in my opinion, but our owners would like to have it fixed.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
let me be very clear on this. It only happans for a few seconds when you start it from cold. I would say about 1 min. The car is undrivable for that minute. then it gets progressivly better till it warms up. It is fine after that. No big deal in my opinion, but our owners would like to have it fixed.
Yes, exact same issue. Not a major problem, just unexpected. I'll just warm my car up more next time and see what happens.

I've also had an issue a few times now where the shift light will come on around 6k. Not sure why it would do that.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Yes, exact same issue. Not a major problem, just unexpected. I'll just warm my car up more next time and see what happens.

I've also had an issue a few times now where the shift light will come on around 6k. Not sure why it would do that.
The shift light will always come on at 6K until the engine warms up. That is normal. If you mean it comes on after it warms up...then that is not normal and we have not seen that in the two cars we have done.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Mine eventually warms up and quits doing it when the weather is warm, say over 70F, but it never goes away when it's colder than that. It's kind of annoying, to say the least.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The shift light will always come on at 6K until the engine warms up. That is normal. If you mean it comes on after it warms up...then that is not normal and we have not seen that in the two cars we have done.
Yes, I'm talking about after it is warmed up. One example, I was cruising on the highway and downshifted to 3rd at 60mph. The shift light came on at 6k.
Very wierd.

·
Vendor
3,189 Posts
Yes, I'm talking about after it is warmed up. One example, I was cruising on the highway and downshifted to 3rd at 60mph. The shift light came on at 6k.
Very wierd.
Check the connectors for your cam sensors. If they get disconnected it won't rev above 6k.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Sounds like an 06 issue. the 05s for sure do not do that. Starts and runs smooth regardless of temp. All that cold weather bucking the car did stock went away with the Katana.... Yet another reason why the 05 is better than the later DBW cars-poke-:D:D

Cheers,

P

1 - 20 of 76 Posts