The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am in the process of ordering the SC and would like to get some opinion from you all of which I should go with. I know that both kits are reliable, where as Katana is a couple hundred cheaper.

If I want to do the installation myself, I was wondering which kit will be easier to do the installation??

Any comment is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not this again

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
This subject has been beat to death, so you'll probably get a few "do a search" responses, but there is probably as much misinformation that will turn up as there is good information

There are many similarities and a few differences as far as the installation goes, but from what I can tell, they are about equally easy/difficult. Both have a good support structure behind them. If it were me making the decision, it would be a hard one. The good side of the dilemma is that there is no bad decision.

EDIT: Wow, in the time it took me to compose this, my prophecy came true. -poke-

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry for asking the question. I should have do the search before asking. My bad!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm happy with my Ronin Katana. But if I were to do it again. I'd buy the new SC kit from CharlieX, the SCharlieX kit.

Comes with an intercooler, lots of power and tuned by CharlieX. It also has the best looking torque curve I've ever seen on any Elise. Do a search or go to the Forced Induction forum.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm happy with my Ronin Katana. But if I were to do it again. I'd buy the new SC kit from CharlieX, the SCharlieX kit.

Comes with an intercooler, lots of power and tuned by CharlieX. It also has the best looking torque curve I've ever seen on any Elise. Do a search or go to the Forced Induction forum.
It's already out?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm also looking at adding a supercharger. I've done quite a bit of research, and I'm waiting for the kit Charlie is working on to be released before pulling the trigger. The Katana and BWR kits are similar in terms of output, installation, and reliability. The Katana is cheaper, but doesn't include the reflash anymore. The kit CharlieX is working on is more expensive, but they are putting more R&D work into it than anything we've seen before. Assuming the side mount A2A intercooler will flow enough air, it should be worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here are my two cents. I have the Katana and I love it. It was easy to install. The BWR is equally as easy to install and my shop has installed that sc too on other customer cars. I have one of the first Katanas that was sold so I am wanting more power now and it was rumored that the stage II upgrade would be out sometime about right now. Well, I haven't heard a thing and I am beginning to wonder if Stage II will ever be produced. If I was making the decision again, I would consider who has certifiable evidence of further development for more power gains.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Here are my two cents. I have the Katana and I love it. It was easy to install. The BWR is equally as easy to install and my shop has installed that sc too on other customer cars. I have one of the first Katanas that was sold so I am wanting more power now and it was rumored that the stage II upgrade would be out sometime about right now. Well, I haven't heard a thing and I am beginning to wonder if Stage II will ever be produced. If I was making the decision again, I would consider who has certifiable evidence of further development for more power gains.
Looks Like CharlieX will be offering an intercooler upgrade for the Katana kit pretty soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts