The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

Since the Katana is already release for almost 2 yrs now, I would like o get some update from the fellow elisetalk of who has put the most mileage on the Katana. Is there any problems regarding to the Katana that can not be solve?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
86 Posts
mine issitting here waithing for me to put it in. I'll let you know in a week.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I gained 51rwhp with the Katana on my car. I did 3 track days so far, driving the **** out of it. I have no issues at all.

The only problem I have is that it is not enough and I'm thinking of adding the Charlie kit on top of the Katana for another 30rwhp. :p

Whatever everybody is saying, the GT3 will still pull away in the straights. Slowly. But still, you can't keep up with them in the long straights. Even the new R8, I couldn't keep up with in the long straight here at Tremblant, even though I was faster overall.

We need a stage 2. That's exactly how I view Charlie's kit.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I love the Katana and the difference with this kit over the others is the tune is safe and the alternator is in the proper location away from the header! No problems - car runs like a bat outta hell!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I gained 51rwhp with the Katana on my car. I did 3 track days so far, driving the **** out of it. I have no issues at all.

The only problem I have is that it is not enough and I'm thinking of adding the Charlie kit on top of the Katana for another 30rwhp. :p

Whatever everybody is saying, the GT3 will still pull away in the straights. Slowly. But still, you can't keep up with them in the long straights. Even the new R8, I couldn't keep up with in the long straight here at Tremblant, even though I was faster overall.

Good feedback...that is what I was concerned about....losing to other higher HP cars on the straights on the track.

I noticed you're in Canada, so I'm not sure how long the straights are compared to the ones here in Cali (Buttonwillow, CA ROVAL)

·
Registered
33 Posts

Well put. I feel the same way. We need a stage II. I've done one track day with it and had no issues. Temperature never exceeded 200.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My Greddy/BOE kit (same as Katana) has been very reliable. Its been on the vehicle for 4 or 5 months and 2k miles.

Only gripe is the power is not as much as I was expecting. I still can't pull away in straights from cars that I was even with before (e36 M3). :(

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Good feedback...that is what I was concerned about....losing to other higher HP cars on the straights on the track.

I noticed you're in Canada, so I'm not sure how long the straights are compared to the ones here in Cali (Buttonwillow, CA ROVAL)
Well the track I'm talking about, I reach 200mph (120mph) in my Katana Elise. When I drove a F430 on that same track I reached 230kph (144mph). I have a feeling the GT3s are doing close to 220kph (135+mph).

With another 30-40rwhp I guess I could get to 130mph and would probably gain back whatever I lost under braking.

I was about .5sec a lap slower than the GT3 and .5sec faster than the R8. All in the instructor group. A stage 2 would put me ahead of them for good. I think. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Well I've had the 06 Katna kit in for quite some time. It has about 7500 miles on it. The only issue I had was a boost leak which was my fault where I attached a boost gauge. The leak did rob me of some horsepower and caused a bucking on lift after boost. However, I was still able to keep up with the BWR cars with that huge leak. But since I fixed that leak, the car has been running flawlessly. The tune is excellent and OEM in quality. This past weekend I had so much faith in the settup, that I drove all the way up to Vermont and back.

I highly recomend the Katana with Charlie's tune. Oh and I have the stock katana kit installed on my elise with an ExigeS exhaust & Cat.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I break the oil level gage tube, reweld it, and go.

My catalyser block off, removed it.

My throttle body (drive by wire) had a loose screw inside causing engine malfunction. I put back the throttle body on rubber (original one), and put glue on screw to be certain they will not loose anymore. Screw inside the black cover, you need to unclip the cover.

Broke a decat tube from Larini, too much heat.

The car run good, very happy, honestly. But take a lot of fuel on the track, I measured it one time a 6.5 miles per gallons.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello Charlie,

What is a "sig"? Or where I can find it?

Regards

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
My car has had the same blower as the Katana for quite some time & Charlie's tune for several months now. I bought it with around 12K miles and the SC already installed. It now has almost 21K miles.

I've driven the car, with supercharger, from Los Angeles, CA to Aspen, CO & back with no issue (about 2000 miles). I've taken numerous shorter road trips since. I've driven from sea level to 12,000 ft - no problems. I don't drive like a maniac most of the time, but when I ask for it, it gives it to me. It's really quite a thing. :)

Whatever route you go to source the blower, be sure it's being run by charlie's tune.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
My Greddy/BOE kit (same as Katana) has been very reliable. Its been on the vehicle for 4 or 5 months and 2k miles.

Only gripe is the power is not as much as I was expecting. I still can't pull away in straights from cars that I was even with before (e36 M3). :(

Can't pull away from an E36 M3 in your SC Elise??? WTF... I can pull away from one in my stock Elise.

Is it a modded M3??

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
the katana's have load dependant VVTLi switching and 'off load' fuel/spark maps for daily driving that helps to improve fuel mileage.

so about 24 / 29

·
Registered
304 Posts
what kind of fuel mileage & everyday driveability could be expected from the new, yet to be named, intercooled supercharger kit that is forthcoming as compared to the katana?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts