The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
The guy in the Nissan seems like a real tool.

I'm sure he was bragging to all his friends about his driving and his car.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
It's clear from the video that the Lotus is nowhere near the edge. Early braking, silent tires and short shifts are evident...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The guy in the Nissan seems like a real tool.

I'm sure he was bragging to all his friends about his driving and his car.
Yup. The guy in the Nissan is the guy who will kill someone on the road.

Take it to the track.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Elise (or early Exige) driver was painfully inexperienced braking so much unnecessarily. On Hwy 6 and Hwy 119 to Blackhawk from Golden, CO I can never tap the brakes and stay steadily from 70-100mph without effort, lazily. True Exige hard-core-ists could manage much better. The road displayed, if attempted to run it hard, could have been handled 70-80mph when they were going perhaps 20-30mph?

I know a few 350Z owners thrilled with themselves and their VW-bug-looking "sportscar". Ahem. Sportscar International finds it uninspiring.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
the lotus wasnt driving anywhere near as hard as the 350...

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
The Elise (or early Exige) driver was painfully inexperienced braking so much unnecessarily. On Hwy 6 and Hwy 119 to Blackhawk from Golden, CO I can never tap the brakes and stay steadily from 70-100mph without effort, lazily. True Exige hard-core-ists could manage much better. The road displayed, if attempted to run it hard, could have been handled 70-80mph when they were going perhaps 20-30mph?

I know a few 350Z owners thrilled with themselves and their VW-bug-looking "sportscar". Ahem. Sportscar International finds it uninspiring.
Sorry you have no idea what you're talking about. With all due respect the video does not show you the severity of the road or how blind, tight and dangerous the reality is. If you took those turns at 80 you would be dead.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, that's it. After seeing that video, I'm going to sell my Elise and go grab a 350Z, it's miles faster than my elise.

Not.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts

Wow...just stop right now and go test for an F1 team. You will no doubt be the next world champion in F1 if you can carry 80mph on that road.

Also might want to read the thread that the video was originally posted in before speaking.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Well, that's it. After seeing that video, I'm going to sell my Elise and go grab a 350Z, it's miles faster than my elise.

Not.
rotflrotfl

my thoughts exactly, especially against one of the fastest elises (kaz's) while the 350z hears nothing but the tires barely gripping on the turns! keep it safe out there on the public roads, maybe the 350z will find another dumb driver to race in the hills another day... kaz's comment in the other thread pretty much sums it up

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
whew, no way Kaz was even driving hard...the 350Z really makes the "tuner" guys look really bad...total douche rotfl

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I am not sure the Elise was racing him, seemed like a spirited drive more then a race.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Wow...just stop right now and go test for an F1 team. You will no doubt be the next world champion in F1 if you can carry 80mph on that road.

Also might want to read the thread that the video was originally posted in before speaking.
Forget F1, he should start a cult because he'd be defying the laws of physics. rotfl

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I love seeing our cars in motion they sexy! I do need a new video online though...will take some at Buttonwillow in May, thinking of mounting a cam on the batwing looking over the roof ;) and yeah...sadly that scenario happens a lot when I take the car out - but always with like, vettes and imports. As I mentioned in the old thread, Santa Monica canyons are def not where you want to drive anything past let's say, semi-spirited. Driveways, bikers, PoPo, helicopters, etc. It's more fun up north like say, Little Tujunga or Ojai. I can't even keep up with the super fast guys at the Jack Pack days what makes me think I can be like Frank and scare the bejeesus out of my passenger? lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dumbass PUNKS!

Why is it that this sort of thing needs to happen nearly every time we take our cars out for a drive? :huh:

It is clear that the Lotus driver is doing JUST ENOUGH to not be a bung-hole road-block to these PUNKS so as to not antagonize them to PASS (which you see in the beginning of the video they did to an unsuspecting lay-driver), until such time as he can find safe pull-off to simply let them by.

I give props to that Lotus driver who CLEARLY showed great restraint. :bow: If the PUNKS even remotely knew any better - they would be THANKING HIM for probably saving their (and probably others) lives!! :eek:

It is also clear that they were on the edge of that vehicle's grip envelope through most of that drive (until the caught the Elise, and he so adeptly shut them down/kept them down - within reason), and that the Lotus was NOT EVEN CLOSE. Yet, THEY go and post on youtube, that the Lotus driver was somehow inept? :confused::confused::confused:

What FREAKING MORONS!!:mad:

As I've gone ahead and posted right there in the OP's YouTube thread, They clearly just don't even HAVE A CLUE!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts