The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set this remote controlled camera up in the lobby of my office so I can always watch whats going on outside with my car while I'm sitting at my desk. My employees think I'm nuts. Sometimes I watch the screen like theres a movie on. rotfl

Of course its usually my assistant who sits up front that yells out "Hey Mike, someone is taking a picture of your car".

I may have crossed the line with this - but I like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:eek:
on my god really? you posted this?

omg:sad:

ps, not at all over the line......

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - just another STUPID thread in honor of you Exarkun!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're teaching me BAD habits. I have been trying to stay quiet on the board for a while now.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Employees thinking you're nuts can sometimes be a good thing! ;)

Have you seen anything weird? I purposely park mine where some of my guys can see it from their office. They tell me they keep an eye on it. Once they reported the groundskeeper had just trimmed the grass in front of a line of cars that included mine. Then, he broke out the leaf blower and only blew the grass off my car rotfl Sure enough, when I came out at the end of the day, the cars around me were covered in clippings. Mine was spotless.

Tom

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
If I were your employee I would buy a model Elise that looked like yours, shoot a video of it against green screen and set it on fire, then composite it into a still shot of your parking space when it was empty, then put the video tape into the built in vcr and set the timer to start playing the tape at some point in the day when you are at your desk....... or simpler is just put a shot of the parking space when it is empty up at a time when you just parked your car and came in to the office...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:crazyeyes I'm sure they blow more than just leaves. Stuff that can scratch the car too.

When my employees see the landscapers coming they call me to move the car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I were your employee I would buy a model Elise that looked like yours, shoot a video of it against green screen and set it on fire, then composite it into a still shot of your parking space when it was empty, rig a vcr to the back of your monitor set to start at some point in the day when you are at your desk.......
NOTE TO SELF: Never hire delise.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Mike, I kinda do the same thing at work, although no public really has access to my buildings big private parking lot. For some reason, I always park out of the way near the buildings big windows so everyone can see and watch it for me. It also happens to be dead center of one of the security cameras. Maybe I should ask for a live feed to my desk so I can watch. I'm sure all I'll see is some dust blowing by. Everyone is used to the car now.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I usually just put Razor wire around mine ..........:shrug:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mine's worse. I've got one of our 36x PTZ cameras fixed on the car when I drive it to work. The system detects anyone getting too close or touching it. Guess I'm paranoid, but heck I'm in the business and if anyone hits the car, they'll be seeing themselves on the evening news.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
If I were your employee I would buy a model Elise that looked like yours, shoot a video of it against green screen and set it on fire, then composite it into a still shot of your parking space when it was empty, then put the video tape into the built in vcr and set the timer to start playing the tape at some point in the day when you are at your desk....... or simpler is just put a shot of the parking space when it is empty up at a time when you just parked your car and came in to the office...
You know, it really would be easier just to take a Polarize of the car from the same angle and mount in front of the camera with some tape and a wire hanger - and just set the car on fire. I'm sure the fire truck sirens would get MidasHand's attention sooner or later. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts