The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some time ago I installed an AutoMate keyless entry in my 94 S4. It was pretty easy and it automatically enables/disables the stock alarm when it locks/unlocks. Well, the remote for it is pretty hideous and I wanted to make an all in one key. I first tried to make one with the remote in the key but it wouldn't hold up to the twist pressure. So I then ordered a flip keyfob and tried transplanting the electrics into it but it didn't work as the buttons wouldn't quite line up.

So, I just ordered an alarm system with flip key remotes included. I am not using the alarm function so I don't have a door switch, motion detector or siren connected. It was a cheap system and I was able to cut down a spare key to fit into the flip part. It is SO much better than having a key and separate remote. Now it is like any modern one.

Here is the system I ordered;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-FLIP-KEY-REMOTE-CAR-ALARM-SECURITY-SYSTEM-ALL-HONDA-/221059497884

and here is how it turned out

If anyone is interested I can provide you with what wires to connect to on the stock alarm box.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
The eBay link is broken. What type of remote did you modify? I assume you ripped out the electronics and your existing fob electronics lined up? Do you have photos of how you modified the cut-down to fit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try the link again.

With this system I didnt have to swap any electronics. The key fobs came with the system. You just have to remove the blanks in it that are for a Honda and insert your cutdown key. A small roll pin holds it in place.

Top is the original key and bottom is my cutdown Lotus key. I actually heated the end where the hole is and filled it with solder and filed it down until it fit.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts