The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Evora 400 for a few months now, and up until today, the car never made any chirps when locking/unlocking with the remote/keyfob. My former 2012 Evora S also did not make any chirps.

All of a sudden, it now chirps once on lock, and twice on unlock.

Any idea what normal behavior is? Not sure if somehow my alarm is in a different security mode now than before?

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
On my S1, if I hit the lock button once, my lights flash. If I hit lock again, I get a high pitch beep. The second mode should turn off the microwave sensors on the inside for when you leave a pet in the car or something that would trigger the alarm from the inside. Unlocking is always silent.

Sounds to me like you’ve (accidentally) changed some setting. I don’t know how the 400 functions, but perhaps you held a lock button for too long and it now will beep to indicate a lock position change. I would refer to the 400 owners manual to see if you can change it back, because I assume that it’s the same ear piercing sound my car makes when I double lock my car.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual doesn't mention anything about a single chirp or double chirp, only a triple chirp when the trunk is still open and you try to arm the alarm.

I also get the single high pitch beep if I lock/arm a second time (ie disabling the internal microwave sensor).

Oh well... I actually like the single/double chirp on lock/unlock, just wasn't sure why it started happening all of a sudden.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
The manual doesn't mention anything about a single chirp or double chirp, only a triple chirp when the trunk is still open and you try to arm the alarm.

I also get the single high pitch beep if I lock/arm a second time (ie disabling the internal microwave sensor).

Oh well... I actually like the single/double chirp on lock/unlock, just wasn't sure why it started happening all of a sudden.
Idk if the 400 has a similar immobilizer setup, but the S1 had programmable options using the programming code. These included turning audible tones on/off.

Of course it's kind of weird that yours just started doing it out of the blue. TADTS

Maybe try hitting the 3rd button once and then the lock or unlock button and see if it's silent? Maybe it's something that can be toggled via keyfob on the 400s.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,148 Posts
Idk if the 400 has a similar immobilizer setup, but the S1 had programmable options using the programming code. These included turning audible tones on/off.

Of course it's kind of weird that yours just started doing it out of the blue. TADTS

Maybe try hitting the 3rd button once and then the lock or unlock button and see if it's silent? Maybe it's something that can be toggled via keyfob on the 400s.
The 400 Service notes no long post this feature, however seeing that the other programing features are the same between Series 2 and 4xx's alarms, its seems reasonable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts