The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a wild Formula one race in Spain today. Kimi gets second place with a local favorite (A driver from Spain) taking first. Oh... and 1000th post, Wohooo!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Spoilers...

It was a surprisingly good race. Grosjean has to have some of the worst luck of anyone this year.

Red Bull is having the stewards investigate Schumacher's use of DRS in the yellow flag sector at end of race. Vettel was previously penalized for doing the same thing, with drive thru penalty a result.

Pastor was also penalized for the contact with Hamilton which I thought was surprising. The penalty moved him out of points and Senna up to tenth.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kinda thought Hamilton brought his problems on himself by trying to block off Pastor; Hamilton's tires were clearly shot and he was trying to block a passer who was in position to get higher in the postings. The renau powerplants (including alternator) had two show stopping failures today, including the other lotus which was running in second place when the failure occured.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Fabulous and exciting race! Having the 3 top winners on the podium together was awesome. Lotus is definitely going to win an F1 race this year....

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Nice drive. Hammy did it to himself, again.

Yeah, please post a spoilers alert in case some one has recorded/not seen yet.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Thanks for putting a spoiler right in the subject, jerk.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry MickOpalak,
With you being the Prez of the KGB I thought you already had the inside scoop!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, at least he is performing in his element, cause he sure got his ass kicked in WRC.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice drive. Hammy did it to himself, again.
I can't believe the stewarts used the excuse that it was an unsafe return to track that caused the accident. Hammilton forced the other car off the track then did not give him racing room in the following corner and turned into him. This was the second bad descision they made. I hope these descisions do not change the season standings at the end of the year.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I can't believe the stewarts used the excuse that it was an unsafe return to track that caused the accident. Hammilton forced the other car off the track then did not give him racing room in the following corner and turned into him. This was the second bad descision they made. I hope these descisions do not change the season standings at the end of the year.
I'm a big fan of Hammy. Look forward to maybe seeing him next weekend at Goodwood.

But sometimes he seems to believe he's invincible, and that others should know that. Throwing away all those points when his tyres were history just was not smart. He was beat. Accept it and go on. Getting on the front row, driving a very decent race and then casting it out the window does not help him or his team.

Speaking of which, he'd of been in the lead if not for another pit stop snafu.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Fantastic race. Too bad Grosjean had the alternator problems. A Lotus 2-3 (or possible 1-3) would have been great.

Also, why does the FIA have no problem with Alonso stopping in the middle of the cool down lap yet Hamilton gets a 24 place grid penalty when he does it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also, why does the FIA have no problem with Alonso stopping in the middle of the cool down lap yet Hamilton gets a 24 place grid penalty when he does it?
Alonso was smart enough to say they were having problems with the car in the post race interview. I'm sure FIA will investigate it and decide after that if there was a true "problem" with the car or if it was celebratory and penalize later.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
RG should have won the race, with Kimi 2nd. where the hell did alonso get to 1st place. I don't believe it. I'm waiting for him to be DQ based on illegal car. haha

·
Registered
579 Posts
Alonso was smart enough to say they were having problems with the car in the post race interview. I'm sure FIA will investigate it and decide after that if there was a true "problem" with the car or if it was celebratory and penalize later.
When Hamilton stopped after qualifying in Spain, he also said that the car was having problems.

I'm also pretty sure that all the radio transmissions need to be in plain english to insure that there are no illegal communications going on. The ferrari radio was in Italian or Spanish all day.

But that's how it goes, Ferrari gets to break the rules, and nobody questions it.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I realize it is now Wed, but if I had seen this I also would have been pissed as it would have ruined the race for me. Sometimes we ( my sons and I) dont watch the race for a few days as we all like to watch it together and sometimes it is tough for us to "get togehter". We watched it last night.

So please dont put results in the subject line. It is just "internet rude".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts