1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Let's hope not.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Leave him alone. He knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
is he doing this to drive a Red Car, or just to irritate Fernando Alonso?

I cant imagine that he would respect team rules much.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Not sure if we're on the same page Renderman.

My comment was directed on the radio call they gave Massa. Where he led 57 something laps and the team told him to pull to the side and let Alonso by to win the race. That was wrong.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Alonso and Hamilton make 20m Euros and Lotus pays Kimi 3m. Lotus has also been slow to pay him.
At this point, Kimi is probably worth around 60 million. I would hope that the amount he's paid wouldn't be the primary deciding factor in where he'll go. Schumacher was earning 40 million/yr at Ferrari when he was on top.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm calling BS on this one as no one else is re-posting this on any other news site. Also, the fact that the article claims Kimi has the control on when the announcement will be made, is just plain retarded. No team would ever agree to that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm hoping this is wrong. I can root for Kimi with any team but those blasted F-cars.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Look, F-1 fans root either for the driver, the constructor, or in some cases, both. I remember worrying about the Type 72 as teething and reliability troubles plagued Chapman, and rooting for Emerson Fittipaldi, as the 72 was a ground-breaking car for its time. I also recall the classic pairing of Peterson and Andretti....Peterson was a joy to watch, especially in the wet, with car control that rivaled Gilles Villeneuve...sideways through St. Devote going up the hill at Monaco was simply amazing. But those days are gone. Unfortunately.

All that is to say that the Lotus is a Renault, if you go by the engine. The chassis is not from the geniuses at Hethel.

On the other hand, Kimi is his own "brand," and is a pure joy to watch when the car is working properly, whether it is a "Lotus," a "Red Bull" Renault, or even one of those red cars. The car dances in his hands, and for an F-1 fan, that is magic.

If he goes to Fiorano, stays at Lotus, or goes to RB to work with Newey, so be it. We all have the great privilege of watching a terrific talent alongside of Alonso, Hamilton, Button, and even that German guy.....whose name escapes me for the moment.

Stephen.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
exactly, the renault team has gotten their monies worth from Kimi - he owes that team nothing and i would hope he is looking at his options. i am impressed with kimi's "comeback form" the team has grojean who is freaking fast. the team needs more funds to develop the car to its full potential, i am not optimistic on the new formula for that team.... Kimi should move on. the renault team got great results from him - he got back into f1 and proved himself, time to move on....

Look, F-1 fans root either for the driver, the constructor, or in some cases, both. I remember worrying about the Type 72 as teething and reliability troubles plagued Chapman, and rooting for Emerson Fittipaldi, as the 72 was a ground-breaking car for its time. I also recall the classic pairing of Peterson and Andretti....Peterson was a joy to watch, especially in the wet, with car control that rivaled Gilles Villeneuve...sideways through St. Devote going up the hill at Monaco was simply amazing. But those days are gone. Unfortunately.

All that is to say that the Lotus is a Renault, if you go by the engine. The chassis is not from the geniuses at Hethel.

On the other hand, Kimi is his own "brand," and is a pure joy to watch when the car is working properly, whether it is a "Lotus," a "Red Bull" Renault, or even one of those red cars. The car dances in his hands, and for an F-1 fan, that is magic.

If he goes to Fiorano, stays at Lotus, or goes to RB to work with Newey, so be it. We all have the great privilege of watching a terrific talent alongside of Alonso, Hamilton, Button, and even that German guy.....whose name escapes me for the moment.

Stephen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts